Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
rayliam
rayliam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One Limited, Nook Simple Touch, Samsung Tablet
Black lines on T76ML - Help

I got my T76ML last month and it's been working okay so far but now my screen has multiple horizontal thick black lines and the screen itself is unresponsive. I can't shut it down with a long press of the power button. None of the buttons are responding except the light is turning off and on. I see there is no hard reset button. What to do? I fully recharged it two days ago and used it yesterday with no problems. WIFI is off and the light was off too. Left it on my desk with the cover closed and now this. Is my screen toast?

**I have the T76 ML Carta+ if it helps. Purchased from Banggood.

Last edited by rayliam; 01-22-2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Clarification
rayliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #2
rayliam

I was able to get the light to come on but the screen is still frozen. I let it sit for 24 hours hoping the battery will drain and shut off finally. The light is off now. Screen image replacement? It's been less than 2 months.

Last edited by rayliam; 01-23-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will need to post another image as the one you posted is borked.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #4
rayliam

Fixed the link above. Sorry about that, it's been forever since I've used imgur. And I rarely post here on Mobileread. I just removed the back and disconnected the battery. Screen is still frozen.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You should not have opened it. You may just have invalidated the warranty unless you can put it back together so it looks like it's never been opened.

It looks like a screen controller issue. It doesn't look like the screen is broken. Contact Onyx for warranty repair.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
rayliam

By disconnecting the main battery, letting it sit for a few hours and re-connecting it got the device to restart and clear the screen. So it seems okay for now. And honestly, I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping this back to China even though it is a relatively pricey device for what it is ($210). That's what I came here to see if anyone else had issues or comments about doing something DIY in this situation. Thanks for the possible diagnosis (screen controller) in case it acts up again. The cover it came with is nice but it has magnets. It might be causing it to wake up and sleep too much. I may carry it in a padded sleeve and not use the case.