Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #541
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofychops View Post
Hmmm...was that really a commercial? Or was it a story about it on a news show? That was also from 3 years ago, so not about the current model, which is waterproofed in a different way, so that you don't have to worry about closing the ports.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #542
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Nope. Too old and not selling the new H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #543
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Finally got my hands on one of these, and I really like what I see so far. Although the screen being smaller than the One is unfortunate, the new H2O seems to fix many of the One's shortcomings. The image is wonderfully sharp and clear, the touch is very responsive and noticeably much more accurate, (no trouble selecting text, even at a small font size and close line spacing.) And the light is perfectly even and smooth. Although, it's worth mentioning, the light is also much less intense. You'll need to set the slider to about twice as high to get the same light level as previous Kobo models. I don't think this is bad though, ereader lighting always seemed too bright to me.

If the battery life is indeed restored to about 40 hours of reading, I'll call it a slam dunk.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #544
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nope. Too old and not selling the new H2O.
Oops, sorry all, did not notice it was the H2O version one

Last edited by moofychops; 06-16-2017 at 06:04 AM.
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #545
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
You'll need to set the slider to about twice as high to get the same light level as previous Kobo models. I don't think this is bad though, ereader lighting always seemed too bright to me.
This is a deal breaker for me, if I can't use my ereader as a back up standing lamp it's just not going to be purchased.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2017, 08:31 PM   #546
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
This is a deal breaker for me, if I can't use my ereader as a back up standing lamp it's just not going to be purchased.
It's the torch function I need. No more stubbed toes finding my way to bed with the light off.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:14 AM   #547
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
It's been very useful in a strange house at night finding the fuse box when the electricity broke down, and in a hamlet in the Austrian alps where there was a general break down whenever there was a thunderstorm.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:12 AM   #548
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Hard Case Covers In UK Shop

Does any one please know if there are any Kobo H2O Edition 2 covers available, other than those at Kobo which are a bit expensive. I am using an old H2O cover with the reader stuck in with 'sticky backed plastic' Many thanks

Last edited by moofychops; 06-19-2017 at 06:28 AM.
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:30 AM   #549
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Does any one please know if there are any Kobo H2O Edition 2 covers available, other than those at Kobo which are a bit expensive. I am using an old H2O cover with the reader stuck in with 'sticky backed plastic' Many thanks
Buy from eBay. For eBay, the generic ones that ship from China/Hong Kong will probably take 2-5 weeks to arrive (but almost always do arrive), while the ones sold in Europe, most of them rebranded Chinese covers, will arrive quickly but cost about twice as much on average. Your choice on where you would prefer to save, time or money.

Alternatively, if you don't mind buying from China/Hong Kong, try Aliexpress
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #550
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check Amazon. I've gotten (from Amazon) the cover my original H2O is using and it was not expensive.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #551
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Check Amazon. I've gotten (from Amazon) the cover my original H2O is using and it was not expensive.
So far there is about 2 different kinds of cases being offered on Amazon. All for under $20 in a couple of colours. I'm tempted by the one that has the plastic backing so far...

Tell me if you pick up one of them, please and ty!
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #552
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverty View Post
So far there is about 2 different kinds of cases being offered on Amazon. All for under $20 in a couple of colours. I'm tempted by the one that has the plastic backing so far...

Tell me if you pick up one of them, please and ty!
I have the original H2O. But from what I've looked at, I'd go with the purple one.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #553
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Is it all so, the Cool Reader can not be installed?
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #554
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
Is it all so, the Cool Reader can not be installed?
Yes, it seems you cannot (not yet) install Cool Reader on the H2O edition 2.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:37 PM   #555
tatuk
tatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't littertatuk doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Yes, it seems you cannot (not yet) install Cool Reader on the H2O edition 2.
Oh, that's the showstopper...
Coolreader is very important part of reading for me...
tatuk is offline   Reply With Quote