Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #526
Silverty
Connoisseur
Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Silverty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsizevera View Post
buggers! I was going to try hacking it this weekend if i get some free time. I guess you just saved me the trouble =P
Ooh yes. Please try.
Silverty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:46 AM   #527
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverty View Post
Ooh yes. Please try.
It would be pointless. The new home screen works differently to the tiled home screen. For the tiled home screen, the tiles displayed came from a table in the database. Adding or removing an entry to that table caused the tile to be displayed or removed. The new home screen doesn't use this table or any other that we can manipulate.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 04:06 AM   #528
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It would be pointless. The new home screen works differently to the tiled home screen. For the tiled home screen, the tiles displayed came from a table in the database. Adding or removing an entry to that table caused the tile to be displayed or removed. The new home screen doesn't use this table or any other that we can manipulate.
How does it decide the right side of the middle row? Do you know? Because I'm stuck with the las author with more than three books and at least one unread, no way to put a collection there, in any way.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 04:52 AM   #529
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
How does it decide the right side of the middle row? Do you know? Because I'm stuck with the las author with more than three books and at least one unread, no way to put a collection there, in any way.
That seems to be how the author is chosen, but, I haven't worked out when a collection appears. The strange thing is that I'm sure that every collection that has been displayed for me has been a series collection. I don't have that many other collections, so it might just be a coincidence.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #530
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a table, AbTest, with some entries with validity date. In the Aura, with long validity dates, the collection do not appear, the author is at the second row. If I remove the entries in that table, the collection appear in the second row and the author appears in the first row when there are less than two books that I'm currently reading. So, I'm a happy camper now.
Advert
Old 06-10-2017, 06:17 AM   #531
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That seems to be how the author is chosen, but, I haven't worked out when a collection appears. The strange thing is that I'm sure that every collection that has been displayed for me has been a series collection. I don't have that many other collections, so it might just be a coincidence.
It's a coincidence, another collection is appearing for me (the last one I've opened with non read books).
Old 06-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #532
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I've always had the last collection opened. But then all my collections have more than 3 books, and unread books.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #533
matrixsoul
matrixsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Anyone has the same green tint problem as with the Aura One ?
matrixsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #534
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixsoul View Post
Anyone has the same green tint problem as with the Aura One ?
None here now had H2O for 2 weeks and all the day/night light, same as the Aura is what I would call perfect. I really like the orange night reading glow in which the orange light is paler ( ? wrong word here perhaps) than what I would guess orange to be, but is a nice gentle light to read by.
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #535
snoeki
Connoisseur
snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 & Kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked John View Post
Hello everyone!

I’m looking for ebook reader, I recently sold my Kobo aura and now I’m thinking of buying H2O2 or One, @snoeki I would like to ask you how many hours can u pull through with one full charge and if it is discharging while on sleep, I almost never powered off my Aura also some times I would do “marathon” reading all night and some more, I would rly hate it if it needs charging after 15-20 hours of reading with low light on.
I have to charge the ereader now, I have used it for 35 hours with light on 30% and no orange light used and wifi enabled. I did have to do some resets and I had to change accounts three times due to a problem with my kobo account (I couldn't download rented books anymore due to a third company, but all is solved now).

So I think it's safe to say you can read about 40 hours without wifi on this device at least. At least because I also uploaded hundreds of documents on it about four times, so I think this will have drained the battery also a bit more than you would normally have when you only read.

40+ hours is a good number, but not 2 months like kobo is telling everyone. Perhaps if you read one hour a day instead of 2 hours.

Last edited by snoeki; 06-11-2017 at 02:30 PM.
snoeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #536
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
40+ hours is a good number, but not 2 months like kobo is telling everyone. Perhaps if you read one hour a day instead of 2 hours.
I don't think that Kobo actually claims 2 months on the H2O2 (for the H2O2: "Last for weeks" with a disclaimer that it can vary with individual use). And while the 2 months is marketing BS, they do say that claim is based on reading a 1/2 hour a day with wifi off etc, so it's probably a valid claim presented in a very misleading way.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #537
snoeki
Connoisseur
snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snoeki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2 & Kobo glo hd
I was just charging my ereader and thought: wait, I made a mistake. For me my ereader is empty when it hits the 25% energy left battery icon, but perhaps for most people this means: I can still read a lot.

So my calculations:

If you have a fully charged H2O with books on it and all books are indexed and if you have the light on 30% and if you have wifi enabled, you will get at least 50 hours reading without any problems. Perhaps a lot more, but it's difficult to test and I can't use my reading statistics to calculate because we have multiple kobo's overhere and we all use one account on all devices. So when my wife reads and I read the same day, the statistics get messed up.

Last edited by snoeki; 06-11-2017 at 04:03 PM.
snoeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #538
Wicked John
Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wicked John ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoeki View Post
If you have a fully charged H2O with books on it and all books are indexed and if you have the light on 30% and if you have wifi enabled, you will get at least 50 hours reading without any problems. Perhaps a lot more, but it's difficult to test and I can't use my reading statistics to calculate because we have multiple kobo's overhere and we all use one account on all devices. So when my wife reads and I read the same day, the statistics get messed up.
Thank you very much for the feedback, 40 hours are acceptable for me, the bottom line but acceptable, I am waiting for the device to be available in my country, they still sell the old H20, the One is expensive and the cpu sucks (for the 250€ with shipping that they ask) I don’t want to invest at a single core cpu and 1200mah battery, so I’m going with the middle ground 175€ so as to save a bit of money, if they release any decent device in the future I will sell again and buy the new One.

Last edited by Wicked John; 06-14-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Wicked John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #539
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Smile Kobo, H2O Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myfBKswf6f0
Will it sell more H2Os
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #540
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Thats a rather old video... October, 2014
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote