Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2016, 04:43 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
uninstall KSM8 and addons

I need to temporary remove KSM8, KOreader and Coolreader

If I uninstall KSM8 from Tools in KSM8, will this safetely and completely uninstall also addon programs, like KOreader and Coolreader in the .add folder.

Or do I first have to uninstall KOreader and Coolreader, and how do I do that? Will simply deleting the KOreader and Coolreader files from the KSM8 .add folder uninstall them completely and safetely?

I can't find any instructions on how to uninstall KOreader and Coolreader, when you use the KSM8 installation process by just placing them in the .add folder.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Yes, you can just remove the koreader & vlasovsoft folders, or, if you just want to do so temporally, you can rename the folders. Basically, just reverse the install process.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks. I went ahead and did it and then uninstalled the KSM8, and then reinstalled the nighmode again, but no success...

Then I now that there is no garbage from the KOreader etc in the system.
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote