Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92 has narrator in English?

I could have sworn I read that M92 had narration. It even has an audio jack.
Or have I confused myself....?
martienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast
tomaschavez00 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
it has but its a not-that-good one...
i think there is version that you can install that has IVONA in itself (a great narrator). The problem is that is only for "artatech" devices.. and something like that
tomaschavez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.
martienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshesmartienne can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks Tomas! But it's not explained in the manual. I can't find anything about this narrator, and I can't even find how to use it.

I have lots of voices for the narrator on my PC, including the best Ivona voices.
I use it for having the PC read ebooks for me that haven't been turned into audiobooks.
Always helpful because it means you can do other things while "reading", i.e. ironing or whatever.
It would be brilliant if I could enable dear old Bridget, Alyona and the others on the M92.
I will certainly have a go.

I'd like to have several different languages enabled, with the top voices for each language.

Do I need to update the firmware, or something?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #4
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast
tomaschavez00 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
first of all... you will be able to use ivona if you purchased your M92 from artatech (i think amazon sell those too)

Anyway... when you are reading a book, go to the MENU option, then go to "Tools" (or "Advanced"?)... there should be a Text-to-speech icon... press it and done!

hope it helps
ps: also, i don't know if this setting depends on the application you are using to read the books. As you may know, M92 comes with a variety of programs to read books (FBReader, CoolReader)... look at the "prefered applications" in the settings menu if the Text-to-speech is not available when you are reading your book and maybe you can change the app you are using to read your books (I love CoolReader for all.. IMHO is the most complete app included in the M92)
tomaschavez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaschavez00 View Post
first of all... you will be able to use ivona if you purchased your M92 from artatech (i think amazon sell those too)

Anyway... when you are reading a book, go to the MENU option, then go to "Tools" (or "Advanced"?)... there should be a Text-to-speech icon... press it and done!

hope it helps
ps: also, i don't know if this setting depends on the application you are using to read the books. As you may know, M92 comes with a variety of programs to read books (FBReader, CoolReader)... look at the "prefered applications" in the settings menu if the Text-to-speech is not available when you are reading your book and maybe you can change the app you are using to read your books (I love CoolReader for all.. IMHO is the most complete app included in the M92)
Thanks.... but i am totally confused now! I don't think I have any software for reading books on the M92.

I bought mine from that German shop that sells them across Europe. Owner is a member here, called Booxtor. Can't recall the name of the shop though.

Can I install the software on the M92? How?
I have Ivona but only for Windows, I expect M92 needs Linux or something?
Advert
Old 06-05-2014, 07:20 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
The Booxtor's shop is : http://ereader-store.eu

There is the TTS function in the M92, but this not very good. You can't put the Ivona voice on the classic (Booxtor's model) M92. The Ivona is the TTS solution for the polish seller.
Booxtor had published a video with a test of an other solution than Ivona : First impression of Acapela TTS in Onyx Boox M92
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 PM   #7
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

I posted in another thread to ask Booxtor about the status of his Acapela plugin.

Why is it that Artatech and Amazon sell devices with working TTC, while Booxtor's shop doesn't?
Old 06-26-2014, 07:06 AM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For the standard device (Booxtor), there is a TTS, but is not so good than the other solution.

I've tried Apacella and I 'll like to have this TTS solution in the M92.

Artatech and Amazon are the same vendor : Artatech.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
For the standard device (Booxtor), there is a TTS, but is not so good than the other solution.

I've tried Apacella and I 'll like to have this TTS solution in the M92.

Artatech and Amazon are the same vendor : Artatech.
Thanks for responding!

Do I get the Acapela if I install the latest firmware from Booxtor?

Or how did you get it onto your M92?

I already have some very good Acapela voices and I would like to use those with my M92.

Last edited by martienne; 06-26-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by martienne View Post
Thanks for responding!

Do I get the Acapela if I install the latest firmware from Booxtor?

Or how did you get it onto your M92?

I already have some very good Acapela voices and I would like to use those with my M92.
Bad news, you must hope that Booxtor provide an update to use Acapela.
You can't use Acapela with the last firmware.

I've tested Acapela on the Acapela's website only.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
martienne
.~^пиратка^~.

So the Acapela fix is not available yet?
Booxtor said he would do it back in July last year!