Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 03:37 AM   #1411
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle oasis
Hi Willus,

i need your advise at my case
i have a pdf document and i want to read on kobo aura one, so i ues the command in k2pdf is native pdf out and smart break, everything is great except one think that the state" Book VIII chapter I Bulding a Quiz-0-Matic!" at the right edge of the converted pdf file that make me feel sad, do you know how to make it look like the input pdf as much as possible ?

and i have a question about smart break, what is this function mean ?

thank you so much

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-09-2017 at 05:47 AM.
Boyzzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:23 AM   #1412
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyzzun View Post
Hi Willus,

i need your advise at my case
i have a pdf document and i want to read on kobo aura one, so i ues the command in k2pdf is native pdf out and smart break, everything is great except one think that the state" Book VIII chapter I Bulding a Quiz-0-Matic!" at the right edge of the converted pdf file that make me feel sad, do you know how to make it look like the input pdf as much as possible ?

and i have a question about smart break, what is this function mean ?
I'm not sure what you're asking. If you want to crop out the little box on the right-hand side of some of the pages that says "Book VIII chapter I ..." then you can crop the right margin with this option:

-mr 0.88in

Put this in the "Additional Options" box. It eliminates the right-most 0.88 inches of the source document.

Smart break is for text re-flow, which you are not using, so it's not relevant for your case (text re-flow is turned off for native PDF output). I'd recommend you choose conversion mode "fit width" and then uncheck the "Output in landscape" box.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #1413
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

thank you so much,
By the way Willus, do you have recomand for read complex pdf in the e-reader
Old 07-07-2017, 04:16 AM   #1414
Boyzzun

Hi Willus,

i have an issue and hope you can advise me
i have pdf file with 2 column, but the k2pdf does not reconigize that and make it become one column (i prefer 1 column because it fit with the display), so i check your example and see that K2 can reconigize column, i check the and see that the width and heigh and spacing is diffirent, so the the reason why K2 can't reconigize column in my file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4-6_marked.pdf (1.18 MB, 782 views)
File Type: pdf ieee_twocolumn_template_marked.pdf (1.01 MB, 161 views)
Old 07-07-2017, 05:15 AM   #1415
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Willus,

i have an issue and hope you can advise me
i have pdf file with 2 column, but the k2pdf does not reconigize that and make it become one column (i prefer 1 column because it fit with the display), so i check your example and see that K2 can reconigize column, i check the and see that the width and heigh and spacing is diffirent, so the the reason why K2 can't reconigize column in my file
I have two things to try.

1. Use a larger value for -cgr, e.g. -cgr 0.6 (see my help page on detecting columns).

2. Use the -nl option to detect notes on the left side of the page (described on my command-line options page)

PS. It's more helpful to me if you post the source PDF so I can try different options on it.

PPS. If k2pdfopt doesn't do a good job on the complex PDF, I recommend a large-format e-reader or a tablet.
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #1416
Boyzzun

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I have two things to try.

1. Use a larger value for -cgr, e.g. -cgr 0.6 (see my help page on detecting columns).

2. Use the -nl option to detect notes on the left side of the page (described on my command-line options page)

PS. It's more helpful to me if you post the source PDF so I can try different options on it.

PPS. If k2pdfopt doesn't do a good job on the complex PDF, I recommend a large-format e-reader or a tablet.
please check the attached file

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: rar test1.rar (3.27 MB, 133 views)
Old 07-09-2017, 05:49 AM   #1417
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Including a FULL chapter of a text [which is almost 40 pages] goes WAY beyond the Fair Use Doctrine for use of a copyrighted text.

This is your only warning on uploading copyrighted texts on Mobileread.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-09-2017 at 05:53 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #1418
Boyzzun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Including a FULL chapter of a text [which is almost 40 pages] goes WAY beyond the Fair Use Doctrine for use of a copyrighted text.

this warning is for me ?
Old 07-09-2017, 11:23 PM   #1419
Boyzzun

Quote:
please check the attached file

thanks
Hi Willus,

do you have any solution yet ?
Old 07-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #1420
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Hi Willus,

do you have any solution yet ?
I tried a few things and liked this the best:

k2pdfopt -dev kao -mode fw -ls- -nl test1.pdf
Old 07-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #1421
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:

It would help avoid confusion if you would either reference the post which violated the rules or, if already deleted, state that you deleted it.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #1422
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
this warning is for me ?

Yes.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:39 PM   #1423
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Yes.

Don
(Moderator)
Which of boyzzun's posts included a 40-page chapter as an attachment? Or was it deleted?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:21 AM   #1424
Boyzzun

Quote:
Yes.

Don
(Moderator)
So sorry about that

thank you so much
Old 07-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #1425
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
One of the documents I have been using k2pdfopt with has just added a page to the end of each of the parts that I want to drop. I thought I might be able to use -px -1 to drop the last page, but the dcoumentation appears to indicate that that means no pages are excluded. How do I exclude the last page of a pdf file? If necessary I guess I can process the files with another tool first.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools