Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 08:44 AM   #1
Nukjoc
Nukjoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Display base font size in a library column?

Hello,
Is there a way to display the current base font size of an ebook in a custom column in my Calibre library? I haven't found any information on this, but am not sure what to search on.
Thanks!
Nukjoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:49 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukjoc View Post
Hello,
Is there a way to display the current base font size of an ebook in a custom column in my Calibre library? I haven't found any information on this, but am not sure what to search on.
Thanks!
No way to do it automatically. You would have to do it manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 11:08 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sadly ebooks dont have a base font size, that's just a concept in the conversion settings. Th econversion engine runs through all font sizes in the book to calculate an effective base font size.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:12 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Most programs for reading ePub default to a size of 1em.

However, some eBooks do put in a base font size specifically. I've been editing some eBooks where the base font size is set to small.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:08 PM   #5
Nukjoc
Nukjoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all the educational answers! I'll stick to manual entry as needed.
Nukjoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
base font size, custom column