Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-17-2024, 07:41 PM   #1
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Tags rule when adding book

I'm racking my brain to find a way to ensure that when adding a book it doesn't load the tags but does load the rest of the metadata.
Could you guide me?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
No help for this. If the tags are IN the book, Calibre uses them.
OTOH you can stop a metadata download from adding them. Note:you can fine tune each site using Configure SSimply open the MDE for that book and click the delete next to tagselected source button on the (preferences)Metadata download (or) configure form
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 08:54 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-18 125036.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	206440

Not tested on a real book.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 11:39 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Personally, I went into Preferences => Metadata downloads and removed the check mark from Ratings and Tags.

Originally, I also went into the configuration for the metadata sources I use and removed those two from all but one of them in sequence when I was trying to find which metadata sources gave me better ratings and tags. The result of that experimentation was a decision that none of the ratings or tags were worth the powder to blow them to Hades.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:23 PM   #5
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I went into Preferences => Metadata downloads and removed the check mark from Ratings and Tags.

Originally, I also went into the configuration for the metadata sources I use and removed those two from all but one of them in sequence when I was trying to find which metadata sources gave me better ratings and tags. The result of that experimentation was a decision that none of the ratings or tags were worth the powder to blow them to Hades.
That is correct if I download metadata with some plugin.
I was asking when adding a book, but thanks anyway for the response,
Old 02-18-2024, 01:24 PM   #6
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Try this,

Attachment 206440

Not tested on a real book.

BR
I will try
Old 02-18-2024, 02:50 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
That is correct if I download metadata with some plugin.
I was asking when adding a book, but thanks anyway for the response,
I have a tag rule in adding books which is Remove the tag if it is not one of depressed_caryatids.

Now if I could remember when I added the rule and why I picked that as the only tag to allow.

Last edited by DNSB; 02-18-2024 at 02:57 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote