Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
BluffOwl
BluffOwl began at the beginning.

Device: Fire 7 (2015)
Test question formatting

I'm studying a "pool" of examination questions. Each question has 4 choices. One of these is correct.

I'd like my fire to be able to display a question with its four possible answers on one page, and the question with its correct answer on the next.

I can never seem to get calibre to display these two pages separately from each other.

E.g.,
=================This should be all that's displayed on page========
Part E0A01: What is the primary function of an external earth connection or ground rod?
A. Reduce received noise
B. Lightning protection
C. Reduce RF current flow between pieces of equipment
D. Reduce RFI to telephones and home entertainment systems

==============[I want the following not to display at the same time as the previous page]==================

Part E0A01: What is the primary function of an external earth connection or ground rod?
B. Lightning protection

=========================================

Is the page-break in css only operative while printing? Does it allow for displaying only one page at a time on the screen?
BluffOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you use page-break-before:always; in the style for the QUESTION (first line)
it should work

BUT your viewer must not be in continuous (scroll) mode. (that overrides the command
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote