Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Unhappy Dictionary issues when getting definitions

1st. Not getting definitions from words followed by a comma... Does anyone has the same problem? For example if I want to know the meaning of "Problem" I will not get a definition if the word is followed by a comma like: "Problem," but if in another line I find the same word without a comma I will get the definition for sure...I read most of the time in Spanish and idk if that has something to do with the problem...

2nd. Some word definition aren't found directly from the paragraphs/lines, but then if I go to the dictionary itself and search for the same definition of the word that wasn't found when reading, I get the definition for sure, any idea why that problem occurs?

I use wictionary dictionary btw...as far as I know it is up to date and the best
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:18 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Wiktionary dictionary is not the best. The best is the one that Kobo is supplying for your Kobo. It's the Oxford Dictionary of English. That's the best one. Forget about Wiktionary dictionary.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 06:47 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wiktionary dictionary is not the best. The best is the one that Kobo is supplying for your Kobo. It's the Oxford Dictionary of English. That's the best one. Forget about Wiktionary dictionary.
Did you actually read the OP? The Oxford Dictionary of English won't be much help when he's reading in Spanish, will it?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:05 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Did you actually read the OP? The Oxford Dictionary of English won't be much help when he's reading in Spanish, will it?
OOpps! My mistake.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:05 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Have you tried the Spanish dictionary as supplied by Kobo?
Advert