Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 09-03-2003, 10:46 AM   #1
mnunez
mnunez began at the beginning.

IsiloX Converts But File Disappears

I installed the latest version of Isilo on my Clie. I installed the latest version of IsiloX on my PC. I downloaded the latest WCC and searched through it using Wordpad to edit the folder location where I want my converted pages sent. I want to use the "Convert to folder" option.

But when I convert my links in IsiloX, I go to the designated folder and I can't find the converted links. They seem to have just disappeared. I've tried to change the location multiple times. Still... nothing.

In IsiloX, it says the files will be sent to D:\Program Files\IsiloX\Converted. But when i go to that folder after a conversion, the folder is empty. I've even tried switching drives. For example, I tried G:\Isilo, but still... nothing appears. What am I doing wrong?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:59 AM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'm glad you bring this up. I have the same set-up (newest iSilo on T|T, newest iSiloX on Mac) and most of my conversions work flawlessly, but one doesn't. The same "missing file" problem. Since most worked but this one, I just assumed that it was the file's fault.

Although, listening to your situation, I'm very fortunate that I have most of my channels to read.

Fortune.
POL9A
Advert
Old 09-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #3
mnunez
mnunez began at the beginning.

Anyone else out there? Hello?
Old 09-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sorry, never had the problem

Craig.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:15 AM   #5
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
mnunez,

I guess you have a PC? I corresponded with Darren @ iSilo and here's what he brought up re: "disappearing channels..."

"It turns out that the issue has to do with file name length limitations on the Mac. When you specify a folder destination, iSiloX bases the file name on the title. File names on the Mac happen to be limited to 32 characters in length, so after taking into account the .pdb extension, the problem happens if the title is longer than 28 characters. The workaround for now is to either specify the destination file name explicitly or to shorten the title to 28 characters or less. I will work in a change to iSiloX to limit the output file name to 28 characters in the next beta update."

Maybe it could be the same type of issue on the PC. I just changed the titles of my two offending channels and now they show up in my destination folder.

Hope this helps.
POL9A
Advert