Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Customizable option would be awesome! It's all I ask

For now....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #17
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
while we are wishlisting... I would LOVE to be able to just completely erase some of my posts, not just edit them
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
<snip>

(still wondering how we got odd karma if you can only give even!)
I noticed my karma would be odd then even. I think it is because new members start out giving the odd amount? I noticed it when newbies gave me karma for help.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #19
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
(quoting "Does anal retentive have a hyphen?")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I am backing slowly away.... I am not going to touch that.
No, it has a colon.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
(quoting "Does anal retentive have a hyphen?")

No, it has a colon.
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #21
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
while we are wishlisting... I would LOVE to be able to just completely erase some of my posts, not just edit them
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #22
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
It's disabled by default because it could slow down page loading considerably. But we'll see how difficult it was to make it a customizable option in the User CP.
Yes please, if you do this thing do make it optional! I hate those hover preview thingies, they scare me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
You can only give even-numbered Karma (and if you enter an odd number, it rounds down), so for people - like GraceKrispy here - with odd karma, you can never bring them to a nice round (and even) number!
Are you sure? I'll go test it... I'm pretty sure I have given and received odd karma in the past.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #23
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Yes please, if you do this thing do make it optional! I hate those hover preview thingies, they scare me

Are you sure? I'll go test it... I'm pretty sure I have given and received odd karma in the past.
I gave you odd to your even, and you've stayed even ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #24
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I tried it on GK and she's still odd, so maybe it's true.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

GK is odd ..... (is that better'n weird?)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #26
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd is most certainly better than grotesque and cruel and stupid and any other number of adjectives that I hope would never be used to describe me.

I had this boring, unoriginal friend in high school who would constantly say to me "you are so odd!" So perhaps this is "life" imitating, uh, dumb comments!

I'm learning to embrace my oddness, no matter how many try to change me!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #27
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Odd is most certainly better than grotesque and cruel and stupid and any other number of adjectives that I hope would never be used to describe me.

I had this boring, unoriginal friend in high school who would constantly say to me "you are so odd!" So perhaps this is "life" imitating, uh, dumb comments!

I'm learning to embrace my oddness, no matter how many try to change me!
Well, the thing is, if two people try to make you even at the same time, you will end up being odd again, even if it worked. Maybe we should organize things, take turns or something...
Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #28
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I personally embrace my oddness! ;o)
Old 10-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #29
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Well, the thing is, if two people try to make you even at the same time, you will end up being odd again, even if it worked. Maybe we should organize things, take turns or something...
Ooh, like an organized karma ring. Sounds interesting. I'm game!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Another forum I frequent (for educators) is quite similar to this one in terms of setup. One thing I can do there that I really wish I could do here is get a preview of each thread by hovering over the title. Sometimes I sit here on MR with the cursor hovering for several seconds before I remember that nothing's going to show up. Then I'm sad.

Is that neat little trick a possibility here? Nobody likes a sad penguin....
Update: In your user control panel, under options, you can now enable thread preview the way you described it.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote