Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2024, 06:15 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 7.4 - shortcut to toggle main window layout

These are my shortcuts for Main window layout

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-29 092524.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	206074

My standard layout is to have Book details under the Book list and Tab browser hidden.

Whilst exploring this issue Display error in Calibre 7.3 I made use the the shortcuts to force a horizontal scroll bar.

When I pressed Ctrl+Alt+T the Tab browser appeared , then, when I pressed Ctrl+Alt+L the Book details moved from under the book list to the right edge … and the Tab Browser disappeared .

If I press Ctrl+Alt+L again the TB reappears .

If I swap the key presses to Ctrl+Alt+L and Ctrl+Alt+T it's okay, but when I press Ctrl+L again the Tab browser disappears too.

The tooltip for some of the status bar buttons are erroneous (could be, they've been ever thus), viz:

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-29 093719.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	206077

Layout action toolbar item has some issues too:

It doesn't show the shortcuts, most other toolbar items do show them. IMO it should have an action to set the BD position (bottom edge or right edge) and, to make it consistent with the status bar buttons, a Quickview hide/show.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-28-2024 at 07:20 PM. Reason: typo
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's because you can have different panels visible in each layout mode. So when you swap between layouts a panel can be hidden/shown. And shift+alt+f is the correct default shortcut for hiding the search bar, the tooltips IIRC show only the default shortcuts not customised ones.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 10:09 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's because you can have different panels visible in each layout mode. So when you swap between layouts a panel can be hidden/shown.
Aa-ha, I only show the Tag browser when I want to use it and dismiss it when I'm done with it. So, I've never seen it come and go when I've flipped the L&f->Main window->User interface layout: setting between Wide/Narrow.

Quote:
And shift+alt+f is the correct default shortcut for hiding the search bar,
As shown above, I have the toggle for the Search bar set to None, I also have the toggle for the Cover browser set to None - and it does not show a tooltip, which IMO is as it should be.

Quote:
the tooltips IIRC show only the default shortcuts not customised ones.
Not so - the custom shortcuts are shown for Book Details, Tag browser, Cover Grid e.g.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-29 132334.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	206078

The Search bar is the exception. IIRC the toggle for the Search bar came into existence when you provided the single Layout button option on the Status bar.

BR
Old 01-28-2024, 10:28 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Aa-ha, I only show the Tag browser when I want to use it and dismiss it when I'm done with it. So, I've never seen it come and go when I've flipped the L&f->Main window->User interface layout: setting between Wide/Narrow.
Perhaps the tooltip should make mention of the effect the setting has on the Tag browser.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-29 142040.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	206080