Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-04-2022, 11:59 PM   #1
Read_deliciously
Read_deliciously began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4 & 5, Voyage, Pocketbook Lux 5 & Touch HD3
How do I install fonts

Is there any way to install fonts without a PC. Can I download from the browser on the device or is there a way to email them etc. I have a Pocketbook Touch HD3 and a Lux 5
Read_deliciously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:18 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_deliciously View Post
Is there any way to install fonts without a PC. Can I download from the browser on the device or is there a way to email them etc. I have a Pocketbook Touch HD3 and a Lux 5
I don't think you can see the fonts directory without being attached to a computer. So, even if you could download the fonts with the built-in browser, I don't think you could get them in the right directory. (I may be wrong on this, though — hopefully someone with more knowledge will answer.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #3
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
well, if you have some terminal emulator installed (like the one included in koreader, or pbterm), you can perfectly move around files from the Downloads folder to system/fonts.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:39 AM   #4
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Using Dropbox PocketBook you can send any kind of files. I've sent fonts, dictionaries, firmware versions... But, as mentioned above, you need a file manager to move them. I use KOReader (you can also use the one from Vlasofsoft software, if you use their version of CoolReader). The problem is that you need to use your computer to install these programs. Then you can do without it, but that first time is necessary.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote