Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Wiggin, Kate Douglas Smith: The Diary of a Goose Girl v1. 21 Feb 2012

The Diary of a Goose Girl (Illustrated)
by Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin

Originally published in 1902 with over fifty illustrations.

thelifepursuit rated it 3 of 5 stars (from Goodreads)
Quote:
"I really enjoyed this pastoral tale of a girl seeking refuge from suitors and family settling into life on a farm. Though she is a paying guest, she soon integrates into the household and begins shepherding the geese. The book is mostly a series of mini-stories about her adventures, each chapter is almost self-contained."

"I think it describes the countryside very nicely and I found most of the narrator's observations to be funny. I don't think that she mocks the animals, she at one point questions how she can eat a duckling or hen that she's raised from a baby. It's definitely not written about 2010 and many of the events are fairly unlikely now, but the simple life that she describes sounds nice."
Source: PG EText-No. 1867 as retrieved by Gutebook and tweaked by me.

Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin - The Diary of a Goose Girl.lrf (2.85 MB, 318 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote