Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Nook for Android app outside US

For those outside of the US that want the B&N Nook app for their android phone/tablet, I have the apk file to manually install it. All you need to do is drag the Nook app to your phone while in usb mode, then download Astro File Manager and find your B&N ereader app and install.

It was driving me crazy that I couldn't install the app on my phone. If anybody needs the apk file, just pm me with your email and I will send it to you.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
For those outside of the US that want the B&N Nook app for their android phone/tablet, I have the apk file to manually install it. All you need to do is drag the Nook app to your phone while in usb mode, then download Astro File Manager and find your B&N ereader app and install.

It was driving me crazy that I couldn't install the app on my phone. If anybody needs the apk file, just pm me with your email and I will send it to you.
A better option is to use Market Enabler to fake US location. By installing through the market, you get updates whenever they are pushed out; with a side-loaded app, you have to manually install the update.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
A better option is to use Market Enabler to fake US location. By installing through the market, you get updates whenever they are pushed out; with a side-loaded app, you have to manually install the update.
+1 for Market Enabler. It works great.
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

I tried Market Enabler, but it wouldn't work for me. Not sure why. So I had to do it this way.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Market Enabler wasn't obvious in how it worked, and took me a bit to figure it out. When you hit the second/middle tab, press and hold Verison or T-Mobil or whatever. It'll pop up a menu to fake the carrier. I kept just pressing/tapping it once and thinking it was going to use it, but I was wrong.
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:

Pm'd you.

Will this app just get you to sync with whats at the B7N site or can it find and let you read books sideloaded to your Nook?
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Pm'd you.

Will this app just get you to sync with whats at the B7N site or can it find and let you read books sideloaded to your Nook?
It syncs your B&N library and also allows you to side-load. You have to place the books in the right directory though.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
BMW2002
BMW2002 began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook, iPad
Quote:

How do I PM (Personal Message) you
BMW2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It syncs your B&N library and also allows you to side-load. You have to place the books in the right directory though.
It doesn't appear that you can navigate to directories. I have no clue what myfiles points to? It isn't the same place that books are on EMMC and I have book and ebook folders on sd card but it isn't pointed there.

Seems kind of useless if you cannot navigate to a directory.

Maybe I am missing something.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
Care
Aes Sedai

^^ I had to drag my ebooks to the B&N My Docs folder in my phone. It is like the Nook where you have to put your books into the proper folder.

I wanted this app so I could sync my last page read with my Nooks, but I guess after the last update this hasn't worked. I hope B&N figure this out as I really wanted the syncing so I don't have to try and find my place.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #11
caraka
caraka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color CM10
Breathing some life into this thread. I just updated my Nook Color to CM10 from CM7, which of course killed my Nook for Android install. I used Market Enabler v3113 and I'm back in business, with all my sideloaded epubs still intact on the SD card and the usual offer to download all my B&N purchases. All this done from downunder in minutes. Many Thanks afv011 & Care!
caraka is offline   Reply With Quote