Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Sony has the "buy one, get one free" 'til Dec. 31

I don't know if this applies to everyone, but I received an email yesterday from Sony. They have a "buy one, get one free of equal or lesser value" deal.

This is for ebooks, not the Readers!

Ends Dec. 31.

(I have no affiliation with Sony, except I have an untold number of products by them, and I give them a portion of my paycheck every month....Sony, a wonderful utility!)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
greyparrot
eBook enthusiast
greyparrot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX/Kindle 2/Sony PRS-505
Sony has the "buy one, get one free" 'til Dec. 31

I guess the offer is determined by the amount of business you've done with Sony. I received an e-mail with a 50% off one book offer.

>>Dear Reader,
>>Surprise! Your gift is 50% off any one ebook at the eBook Store.

I haven't purchased many ebooks this year from Sony so I didn't get the better offer. I buy most of my books for my Kindle.
greyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
I received the 50% off email, as well. You would think Sony knows about this site and how its members share information about deals. I wonder what the qualification is for getting the BOGO v. the 50% off.

I am beginning to realize that the Sony store pails in comparison to the Kindle store and not only in terms of volume. Kindle was much quicker to publicize the free ebooks from Random House. Sony has finally got around to it.
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I got the "buy one, get one" e-mail. I very rarely purchase books from Sony. In fact, I started building a wishlist last night but got frustrated because most of the books I added were part of a series and Sony doesn't have all of the books. Not sure if I'll actually use the offer. Depends on if I find a couple of books that I really want.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I also got the 50% off. I think I'd rather have to BOGOF deal, since I have a bunch of small books I want to buy. Is there a limit?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
I got the BOGO offer too. I have no need for it, since I now try to buy everything in a removable DRM format (lit | mobi). Would it be legal for me to offer the promotion code here?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
I haven't bought many books at Sony either, but that's because the same books at Amazon are so much cheaper! I got the 20% off if I bought two books. One was something like 17.49 and the second one was 13.49...essentially a total of 30.98, minus 20% came out to be 24.78. These two books were available on Amazon and both were 9.99 each. So even with the discount Amazon was the way to go.
As much as I like the Sony form factor and it's sexy looks, I'll be sticking with my Kindle. It's great to have a nice looking device, but let's face it we buy e-reader devices to read.
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I just got the BOGOF deal. Maybe Sony's trying to tell me something, like I'm keeping them in business
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I got the 50% offer but would prefer the BOFOF offer so I have written Sony asking how I can swap offers. I'll let you know what response I get.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I received an offer for 20% off any two ebooks at the eBook Store. My wife receive the 50% off offer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
I didn't get anything. I guess it's because I'm in Canada... or because I subscribed only two weeks ago and purchased just one book.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Did all of you sign up for emails from Sony?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I received the 50% deal and I don't know if I signed up for emails from Sony, but I sure get them.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hmm I've signed up for e-mails but I haven't gotten anything from them, maybe because I've never actually bought a book there yet...hmm
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I got the 50% offer but would prefer the BOFOF offer so I have written Sony asking how I can swap offers. I'll let you know what response I get.
Well, I got my response and it was that nothing can be done. I complained about the disparate treatment of customers and that this was no way to encourage me to buy additional books at the Sony bookstore. I gave a formal complaint and have also e-mailed a formal complaint to customer support. I'll probably buy 1 book at 50% off but won't bother buying the other books I had planned to buy. I've got enough to read for quite some time so I'll wait and buy additional books when I get additional discounts.

If anyone who received the BOGOF offer doesn't plan to take advantage of it, I'd appreciate your passing on the code to me to try it.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote