Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
teretani
teretani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Tablet P
Sony Tablet P + Kobo Desktop- Sync with web account problems

Hello all. I am a newbie here.

So here is my problem that has been driving me crazy for the past few hours. I want to know how to manage my Kobo desktop because of the clutter (Books I will never read need to be deleted)

I am using Sony Tablet P, which runs on android. I googled ebook readers, downloaded Kobo and started reading. Then I started purchasing, just entering my credit card details. I didn't "register" with an account name or password (not that I remember). This was before rakuten merged with kobo.

I created an online account just today and I don't know how to sync with the kobo desktop. Worst of all , everything just comes out in Japanese - the help button, the rakuten contact us forms etc. i tried hooking up my tablet to the desktop, but it is not manageable (only photo folders appear). I am afraid to download and reinstall a new kobo desktop because it might wipe out all the books i have purchased.

what shall i do to -
1. Synchronize my web account (which is created later) with my kobo desktop
2. make sure my purchased books are safe

If this is a redundant question please direct me to the correct thread. thank you

Last edited by teretani; 09-06-2012 at 07:46 AM.
teretani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Hi Teretani,

It sounds like you have two accounts now. You can't purchase without logging in or creating an account. So I think you will have quickly made yourself an account back when you started buying books. The books you bought are linked to that first account. If you now sync with your new account, your books will disappear as your new library (attached to your new account) will be empty. But don't worry, you can sign in again with your old account and all your books will still be there.

So, either you'll have to ask Kobo to merge your two accounts (if that's even possible, I don't know), or find out what your old account is (ie. which e-mail address you used for that) and log in with that. The latter I think is the easiest option for you: logging into Desktop with the old account will make all your books magically appear in the Desktop app. Your details in the Kobo app on your Sony tablet should say somewhere which email address you used to be logged in there, I think.

Good luck!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, kobo desktop, sony tablet p, sync, synchronizing