Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: ipad
DPT-S1 can't get Box.com xfer to work

FWIW: my software version is 1.5.51.21130. I have wifi connectivity on the Sony. It just updated the software a few minutes ago.

Here is what I have done so far:
1. created an acct at Box.com. Access it through my desktop browser. Created a directory called SonyDPTS1. Have several pdf files in the directory.
2. On Sony I accessed:
Settings|Server Settings|Network Drive Settings|Server Settings
I get a dialog box and enter the following:
Server: https://dav.box.com/dav6766
Port: 443
Username: my username
Password: my password
Sync Folder: /Sony DPTS1
Destination Folder: /
I fill in the entries then click on OK. No complaints
3. BTW on the network drive settings page on the Sony
the Download Destination is set to Internal Memory.
Autosync is set to On

4. I go back to the Home page on the Sony. It looks the same as before. No icon to sync or download. Press the parallel lines (I think it is menu) button at bottom of Sony. It displays the time on the top menu bar but nothing else.

The manual says when autosync is on the network drive is synchronized every 90 minutes. Apparently there is nothing I can do to force a sync?? So far none of the files on my Box.com directory have been downloaded.
bcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

update

update #1:
I changed the box.com settings to those specified on: Sony instructions

Server: https://dav.box.com/dav
Sync Folder: /
Destination Folder:

I read the new instruction manual provided with the software update today.
Now when I have a document loaded, I can select the menu button and then the Send option. That does send the document to my Box.com account!

But ... I still have not figured out how to download a document from Box.com. That was my main reason for this exercise . Uploading a modified document is nice though.

Last edited by bcbob; 12-19-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #3
bcbob
Enthusiast

update #2

Advice to self: RTFM

The following are valid for Manual Verson 4-548-269-13(2). See the upper right corner of the first page of the manual for the version number.

1. Sending a modified document to the server is described starting on p. 26
2. setting up the network drive and using it to download (synchronize) files is described starting on p. 64

I changed the settings on the server because it seemed to be downloading all the files on my Box.com account. The new settings are
Server: https://dav.box.com/dav
Sync Folder: /SonyDPTS1
Destination Folder:

By following the instructions I have been able to download documents, modify them, and upload (synchronize) them to Box.com. The procedure seems to be convoluted and prone to overwriting modified files but it works if one is careful and
1. backs up documents on the Box.com account to a desktop computer
2. renames modified files on the DPTS1.