Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
Frenchwolfie
Frenchwolfie began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS 600
Exclamation Problem with adding eBooks since 0.7.35

Hi ! I've been using Calibre with satisfaction since buying my first reader (SONY PRS-600) a year ago, and I've just had my first serious "glitch" yesterday after having installed 0.7.35.

When adding a new eBook (a pdf file), there is an error message :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 40, in add_one
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 2348, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1480, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 447, in set_path
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
OSError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc (103)'

After this message, the file is listed in the database, but with no format. So, I'm unable to visualize it or do anything with it. When I try to edit the metadata, it says that there is "no such file" :

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/metadata_single.py", line 878, in accept
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1651, in set_title
OSError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/LIESI Lettre ndeg218 (103)'

(and actually, there isn't after import)

I hoped it would be solved with 0.7.36, but no.

Using Calibre 0.7.36
Ubuntu 10.04

Thanks in advance for any idea about what's happening and how to solve my problem.
Frenchwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchwolfie View Post
When adding a new eBook (a pdf file), there is an error message :

OSError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc (103)'

After this message, the file is listed in the database, but with no format. So, I'm unable to visualize it or do anything with it. When I try to edit the metadata, it says that there is "no such file"
Since the error is telling you the file doesn't exist it would seem that the file you are trying to add (a doc not a pdf) is corrupted. Are you able to open it from this path "/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc" in Word?

If you are able to open it I would try two things. First a simple reboot of your machine. If it is still a problem are you running from a linux distribution or did you do a binary install in accordance with the directions here. If you didn't do a binary install, remove calibre from your machine (not the library) and follow these instructions.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-02-2011 at 07:03 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
Frenchwolfie

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Since the error is telling you the file doesn't exist it would seem that the file you are trying to add (a doc not a pdf) is corrupted. Are you able to open it from this path "/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc" in Word?
There is no such file. Calibre created nothing during the import. Weird !

I must add that the file is a pdf file, and that the "Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc" string comes from the file's original metadata (those you can see in Acrobat reader in File->Properties) : it is it's title in the metadata, not the file's name.

File : Letre 218pdf.pdf
Title : Microsoft Word - Lettre 218.doc
Author : liesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you are able to open it I would try two things. First a simple reboot of your machine. If it is still a problem are you running from a linux distribution or did you do a binary install in accordance with the directions here. If you didn't do a binary install, remove calibre from your machine (not the library) and follow these instructions
I'm running it from a binary installation installed following the specified instructions.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you are getting this error only for a specific file or when adding any file?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Frenchwolfie

Hi Kovid,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you are getting this error only for a specific file or when adding any file?
When trying to import other pdf file, it works well. Is it possible that, for some "protected" files, the import process would return this type of error ? (I do not know whether the file is protected or not, I'm only "suspecting" it. Former issues of the same "newsletter" were correctly imported by former versions of Calibre. Now, the editor may have changed his policy and is now protecting is files. Adobe Reader opens them correctly, though, when launched from nautilus)

Lettre 221 pdf.pdf
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 128, in start
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 194, in add
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 2348, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 1480, in set_metadata
OSError: [Errno 2] Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type: '/home/jerome/Public/Contenus/Livres/liesi/Microsoft Word - Lettre 221.doc (105)'

TIA

Jérôme
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's hard to say without access to the file. Open a ticket and attach the file to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
Frenchwolfie

Quote:
Open a ticket and attach the file to it.
Just did it. Ticket #8407 (new defect)
Thank you in advance.

Jérôme

Tags
0.7.36, import