Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
In praise of the BOOK ARMOR cover

I carefully set my 505 down on the narrow ledge next to the banister in my 1904 office building, and within 10 seconds saw it fall at least four feet onto the hard marble stairs.

Oh, no!

The corner of the case met the floor...then the whole thing bounced a few inches, did an elegant flip in mid-air, and hit another corner...then it slammed face down onto the marble stairs, rather like a figure skater missing a triple axel.

Heart pounding, I unzipped the Book Armor case, flipped open the cover, slid the Power switch...and it was fine. Whew!

Book Armor: the best $20 I've ever spent.

Thanks for listening to my little story.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Heart pounding, I unzipped the Book Armor case, flipped open the cover, slid the Power switch...and it was fine. Whew!
Oh darn! I was hoping you were going to say you had a perfect excuse to buy a new PRS-600!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nice!! I would -DIE- if my reader had the same accident!! I feel a little panicy just thinking about it!!!
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
I carefully set my 505 down on the narrow ledge next to the banister in my 1904 office building, and within 10 seconds saw it fall at least four feet onto the hard marble stairs.
Oh, man, when I first read this, I thought you'd written four *FLOORS*. That would have been some case!

I agree, though. Book Armor is great. Wish my non-original covers fit in it...

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Oh darn! I was hoping you were going to say you had a perfect excuse to buy a new PRS-600!

BOb

Excuse? I don't need no stinking excuse! (this obscure joke brought to you by The Wild Bunch)

I was all set to pick up a shiny new red 6-0-0 when I saw the news about the big DE model...now I have a tough decision to make. Heck, maybe I'll get both and call them work expenses.

Last edited by doreenjoy; 08-25-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Heck, maybe I'll get both and call them work expenses.
You go girl. (What's a 606?)

BOb
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
You go girl. (What's a 606?)

BOb
LOL. A typo, I meant 600.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Excuse? I don't need no stinking excuse! (this obscure joke brought to you by The Wild Bunch)
I've never seen The Wild Bunch, but I've seen Treasure of Sierra Madre!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
So, will the m-edge, book armor covers that fit the 505 fit the new 600?
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 AM   #10
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Quote:

I was all set to pick up a shiny new red 6-0-0 when I saw the news about the big DE model...now I have a tough decision to make. Heck, maybe I'll get both and call them work expenses.
Heck...if you're going to write 'em off....Pick up a 600 for me at the same time I'll chip in for shipping...
Old 08-26-2009, 12:19 AM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminarovich View Post
So, will the m-edge, book armor covers that fit the 505 fit the new 600?
I believe it will! I took measurements. My only question is if the 600 fits with or without the standard cover. I'll let you know after my 600 arrives next week...I succumbed to the red while looking at the Sony Style store tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioapanda
Heck...if you're going to write 'em off....Pick up a 600 for me at the same time I'll chip in for shipping...
Hee, my CPA is already going to look askance at calling the 600 a business expense (even though it's a legitimate expense, he's uptight).
Old 08-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopanda View Post
I don't think alot of people realize when someone says that they are going to "write it off" that doesn't mean they don't pay for it.

BOb
Old 08-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
Xiaopanda
Addict

Quote:
I don't think alot of people realize when someone says that they are going to "write it off" that doesn't mean they don't pay for it.

BOb
Of course they are gonna pay for it!

They're just gonna get it back in tax return (if it's anything like the Australian Tax system) Just thought I'd cut out the middle-person......worth a try...

Last edited by Xiaopanda; 08-26-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: can't spell..
Old 08-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
They're just gonna get it back in tax return (if it's anything like the Australian Tax system)
Still not exactly right, but close.

Quote:
Just thought I'd cut out the middle-person......worth a try...
Hey, if you don't ask, you don't get!

BOb
Old 08-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
AvPlaya
AvPlaya began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Will the Book Armor fit the Sony Lightwedge cover?
AvPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote