Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
lambstone
Enthusiast
lambstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
[Q] How to sync series with Android ebook reader app

I own a kobo ereader. I've got calibre set up to sync my series across to my kobo so that my books are able to be sorted according to the series on my kobo.

Now, I'm trying to do the same for my Android tablet. I am aware that Aldiko has something similar which is to sort by collections (in essence it is series sorting).

What I did was as follows
  1. Save ePub to directory using Calibre (Calibre does't work well with android MTP so thats why I saved directly to the external sd card)
  2. Reinsert SD card into android tablet
  3. Open Aldiko app
  4. Import my epubs
  5. Checked the collections tab and there are no books there. My ebook collection was not automatically sorted into their series

So is there a metadata string that I could add for auto sorting into series? Or perhaps an alternate ebook reader that does this?
lambstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You could always use Calibre Companion to organize your books. You can then sort by Series, tags, author, title, etc. and set it up so that your preferred reading app auto launches from there.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-16-2014 at 11:09 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Honestly, I would suggest Calibre Companion as well. It does most of the work for you based on the metadata available from calibre.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote