Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #1
joseman919
joseman919 began at the beginning.

Device: kt2
Exclamation Can't downgrade KT2

hello, i hope some of you guys can help me, i want to downgrade my KT2 (5.8.8) to the 5.6.0 to be able to jailbreak it , but everytime i throw the .bin file to the root, i can't select "update my kindle" and it gets deleted, i got a message before saying this:
"dear developer, your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.

if you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.

thank you,
the kindle team"
i don't know if it has anything to do with this
what can i do? , the .bin file is the correct, i have used it before.
joseman919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseman919 View Post
hello, i hope some of you guys can help me, i want to downgrade my KT2 (5.8.8) to the 5.6.0 to be able to jailbreak it , but everytime i throw the .bin file to the root, i can't select "update my kindle" and it gets deleted, i got a message before saying this:
"dear developer, your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.

if you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.

thank you,
the kindle team"
i don't know if it has anything to do with this
what can i do? , the .bin file is the correct, i have used it before.
I regret to inform you but at the moment your kindle cannot be jailbroken.
Only firmwares prior to 5.8.8 can use the jailbreak.

Now quick question, did it come with firmware 5.8.8 or did it update?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
joseman919

it update
Old 03-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
joseman919

any idea when it it could be possible to do it?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:47 AM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseman919 View Post
any idea when it it could be possible to do it?
Right now I have no idea, but I would say as least 6 months.
Only one developer to work on it at the moment.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downgrade, kindle, kt2