Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 03:22 AM   #16
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
and the ability to use CoolReader for DRM-free EPUB instead of ADE.
How is that last accomplished again? I forget (and its been an issue since that other reader keeps losing my bookmarks--at least in the Buggins releases).
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:48 AM   #17
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
How is that last accomplished again? I forget (and its been an issue since that other reader keeps losing my bookmarks--at least in the Buggins releases).
I NEVER use ADE, so I have not seen it's bookmark problem. To get CoolReader to open an EPUB instead of ADE do a long press on the EPUB's number selection key. When you do that, a small "File Tools" menu will open in the center of the screen. The selections available are "Open", "Copy", and "Delete". If you select "Open" the EPUB will open in CoolReader instead of ADE.

That said, CoolReader is still not perfect as an EPUB reader yet, but I much prefer it to ADE because of some of the enhancements that are working well now. With CoolReader you can install your own fonts and select them from CoolReader's font menu, and there are FAR more font size selections that ADE has. There are a lot more configuration options in CoolReader, and some of them can override the CSS in the EPUB if you wish. The cache also makes makes re-opening books quite a bit faster than the initial opening. One weakness in CoolReader for EPUB that bothers me a little bit, is that it does not show the EPUB TOC in the "Go to" menu yet. I do not use bookmarks, so I can not give any advance information about how well it handles bookmarks.

I do not have a lot of experience with EPUB and CoolReader since I mostly read in the FB2 format. I think that FB2 is the closest thing to a perfect format for the fiction novels that I like to read. CoolReader is outstanding as an FB2 reader on the Hanlin clones, and I think that Buggins is doing a decent job at working to get CoolReader to be better at EPUB as well.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I too would like to see TOC on ePUB in CR3. Also the metadata in the about screen and the ability to follow links and come back. All of these things work for FB2.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote