Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: how do you turn your page on the pocket pro?
left sided buttons 4 14.29%
bottem buttons 2 7.14%
rt sided knob/stick 3 10.71%
other method, please elaborate 3 10.71%
All three 11 39.29%
Right (scroll wheel) and left 2 7.14%
Right (scroll wheel) and bottom 2 7.14%
Left and bottom 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
EZ Reader Minus

Hey, we can hit that price point with a new Model: The EZReadre Minus
  • No Display Savings $80 (Listen by TTS only)
  • No Cover Savings $20 (no complaints about the color)
  • Battery not included Savings $15
  • Charger, Not Standard Savings $7 (use your computer)
  • USB cable not included Saving $8

Seriously
I have see "cost reduced" products that have crossed the line from efficient processes and parts, to "just let it last through the warranty", cheapness.

Making huge batches is the only wiggle room in costs.
The display accounts for more than half of the manufacturing costs
hard to get significant reductions with that jammer in the works.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
I am right handed and frankly abhor, the buttons on the pocket pro. they feel kinda hard and are small to turn the pages.

SO my vote goes for the side knob thingie. Its great.
I am right handed, and I think that with many right handed people they use their non-dominant hand to hold things, and the right hand for precision tasks. So I tend to hold the unit with my left hand, and use the left side buttons.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
any images of the plus reader. specs? etc?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #19
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

will the new ezreader plus have the same hard shell of the pocket pro but larger? like i mentioned i dont find the buttons too comfortable and easy press. no jog wheel = no go for me. but to each her/his own.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:05 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I use all three. Depends on which side I'm laying, in which hand i'm holding it and whether there are hyperlinks in the document. I simply love the fact that both sides of the device have paging buttons...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use the scroll wheel thingy most but I also use the bottom buttons if I'm not holding the PP but have it propped up next to me. I seldom ever use the left side big arrow buttons they're too far up but I suppose that is what I would use if I was reading landscape. I'm just glad the PP has so many options to turn a page!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Images of the PLUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
any images of the plus reader. specs? etc?
Dear Oncdoc amd other PLUS desirers:

This much I can tell you. The PLUS will LOOK identical to the Basic. The body is NOT changing... only the insides are changed. Just like on the Basic, you will have that same non-gloss and non-slip finish. You will have the identical same 1 thru 0 buttons and the large "OK" (Menu) button. You can turn pages with left hand buttons and bottom right buttons. It is scarey because it is a radically different machine with blazing speed and evertything souped up. The only thing you will see from the outside is the sharpness of the 16 level gray scale. The case is the same quality case with the famous magnetic clasp. It still protects like IronMan.

You might want to think of it as a VW Beetle with a full-blown Hemi engine stuffed into it. It will be the ultimate street racer amongst eBook Readers.

On the other hand: it is still JUST as LIGHT, just as ergonomically correct, just as wonderfully balanced and feels just as good in the hand! Still has that User-Replaceable Battery and great SD card slot. Still has 20 formats and is ported with ADE for ideal EPUB... only the covers and illustrations will show fabulous detail now. Still loads thru your computer... only the USB 2.0 and the doubled 64MB SD RAM will load books on way faster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader in Leather Case.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	54030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader right hand.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	54031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader showing SD card & slot.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	907.3 KB
ID:	54032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader with pencil to show thin.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	54033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader Music Advance Buttons.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	54034  

Last edited by Robertb; 06-24-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #23
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Simply love both sides have turn buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I use all three. Depends on which side I'm laying, in which hand i'm holding it and whether there are hyperlinks in the document. I simply love the fact that both sides of the device have paging buttons...
Dear Sweetpea:

TOTALLY agree! I LOVE that it has buttons on both sides that can turn the page. I know my favorite is the scroll wheel by far... but there are times when I am holding a cup of coffee or a package and I use the left buttons. Other times I am layed-back at the beach and use the bottom buttons. The KEY POINT is that MORE IS BETTER!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #24
oncdoc
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Oncdoc amd other PLUS desirers:

This much I can tell you. The PLUS will LOOK identical to the Basic. The body is NOT changing... only the insides are changed. Just like on the Basic, you will have that same non-gloss and non-slip finish. You will have the identical same 1 thru 0 buttons and the large "OK" (Menu) button. You can turn pages with left hand buttons and bottom right buttons. It is scarey because it is a radically different machine with blazing speed and evertything souped up. The only thing you will see from the outside is the sharpness of the 16 level gray scale. The case is the same quality case with the famous magnetic clasp. It still protects like IronMan.

You might want to think of it as a VW Beetle with a full-blown Hemi engine stuffed into it. It will be the ultimate street racer amongst eBook Readers.

On the other hand: it is still JUST as LIGHT, just as ergonomically correct, just as wonderfully balanced and feels just as good in the hand! Still has that User-Replaceable Battery and great SD card slot. Still has 20 formats and is ported with ADE for ideal EPUB... only the covers and illustrations will show fabulous detail now. Still loads thru your computer... only the USB 2.0 and the doubled 64MB SD RAM will load books on way faster.
how many oz is the new ereader plus 6 inch?