Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #16
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
That's true, the weight is a very big factor. Even if the Nook did fit in my purse, it's almost twice the weight of the Pocket Pro and would feel heavy lugging around, after a while. I am so glad the Nook didn't drop in price before it did, because in all honesty, the lower price probably would have sold me. But to me, the Pocket Pro is worth every penny. And after having it, I wouldn't trade it in for anything on the market, even if I would get money back. It is so worth it.

I know exactly how you feel! I really don't want this to hurt Astak, their products and their customer service are amazing! But for a lot of people, all they will see is price. I don't know many people personally who are interested in ebook readers, but I wish I had a way of letting more people who are interested know about Astak. People will see the big names and low prices of these other ereaders, but they won't realize what all they're missing out on. I am so glad I found these forums before I bought, or I might not have even known about Astak.
Yes, they've got great customer service. I help anyway I can to promote their EZ Reader PPro whenever I encounter people who loves to read (sadly not that much and mostly still prefers physical books) or go to other forum site mostly I go to Phils Cosmo forum, so I could interact with other Filipinos. Helps with my homesickness. There are a few I know who loves to buy a reader and they like the Astak with all the extra features when I told them about it. One even went here in the US to visit/vacation and shop/buy but there's no physical store that sells the Astak EZ Reader. I know CarToys does but not all states has that store, I told them about CarToys before they had their visit here. I know we don't have it here in TN. So they end up buying what they could get in Best Buy which was a Sony PRS 300 or PRS 600. Astak would have had a sale that time if it were easily available. Another thing in the international store website they don't ship to the Philippines too. So they end up buying Kindle or a Sony at Amazon.com by using a 3rd party courier in order to buy one. I see the going down button has a Philippines option for international delivery, I just wonder why then they said that there's no Philippines options when they tried and order one. ??? Most people I know only knows about big name ebook readers once I gave them the youtube review and let them come here in mobileread.com they'll see a whole lot of different readers. It was that youtube review by znet (matthew miller) that sold me to Astak PPro. It's just what I'm looking for.

Last edited by diokdin; 06-22-2010 at 03:19 AM.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:20 AM   #17
dbrowdy
Enthusiast
dbrowdy is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
I hate to say it but this will be a huge blow to Astak unless they can lower their price to $150 at most. I almost bought a PP a few months back but I ran into cash flow issues. Recently I've been starting to research again and make sure it was still the best value for my money. Unfortunately, it's not even close now. Combine that with the bad rap they've picked up from firmware issues and there's no way I'm paying $50 more for a device that's inferior in almost every respect.

It's too bad too. I like supporting the small guys, I like supporting my local guys, I've personally met Robert and he's a good guy. But none of the reasons anyone has specified in this thread make me think that the PP is $50 better than the Nook.

I am going to defer my purchase of a Nook for a week or two just to see how the rest of the competition reacts. I don't expect the small companies like Pocketbook and Astak to react as fast as Amazon with their counter-pricing. Hopefully I'm not just wasting my time; I honestly don't want to buy from the killer of local bookstores. But I can't afford to pay more on principle either.
dbrowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #18
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrowdy View Post
I am going to defer my purchase of a Nook for a week or two just to see how the rest of the competition reacts. I don't expect the small companies like Pocketbook and Astak to react as fast as Amazon with their counter-pricing. Hopefully I'm not just wasting my time; I honestly don't want to buy from the killer of local bookstores. But I can't afford to pay more on principle either.
I understand being limited on income. I'd definitely say go with the reader that works best for you and your finances. That being said, I wholeheartedly endorse the Pocket Pro. For me, the smaller size and weight is a big issue. The size of the screen does not make that much difference in the reading experience, from what I've seen of 5" and 6" readers in stores. I love the scroll wheel that makes turning pages so easy. I can hold it in my left or right hand and turn pages. I appreciate that it has a user replaceable battery. I also really like that it comes with the case, so I don't have to be concerned with scratching the screen when it's not in use. I looked briefly on the Nook's web page and couldn't find what it comes with, in the box. With the Pocket Pro you get the case, USB, and power adapter (is that what the plug in thingy is called?) so you don't have to charge it with your computer. With a lot of places, most of those are extra expenses. And in that case, it probably about evens out, if you have to buy all that, anyway. Plus, with Astak you get the terrific customer support, and Robertb here on the forums!

I will be curious to see which reader you choose. Like I said previously, go with the one that best fits your needs. And if that's the Nook, then you should get that one. But for me, Astak is definitely the best choice. In any case, please keep us updated!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
I would not say the PP is inferior in almost every respect, the text to speech is a good plus, the multiple file formats and languages it supports natively is amazing also, and it is much lighter weighted. But if I haven't already bought the astak, the nook at this price is a no brainer. First, the nook has best screen contrast I have seen in any e-readers (the astak mentor is very close in that regard, but the PP screen contrast is considerably much poorer); second, although a little bulkier, the 6 inch screen actually offers 40% more reading space consider the measure is diagonal; the above two factors may seem not too much a difference in stores, but if you read more than one hour, you will definitely know the huge difference in reading experience. I just got my mentor, and I cannot say enough how much happier I am with the 6" mentor screen than with the 5" green-yellowish low-contrast PP screen, the nook screen is at the same level of the mentor if not better based on what I see in stores. Then, the nook has a built-in English dictionary that you can look up via highligting text in the book or by typing (that feature alone is worth about $30+). On top of that, the nook as a basic browser you can use to at least check blogs or emails or news (I checked one Chinese website in the store and it worked perfectly for text contents), it connects to your home Wifi. There are also tons of opportunities with evergrowing droid apps developed all around the world. The only thing I don't like about the nook is the tiny touchscreen with iPhone cover-flow like icons which I think will drain the battery. And overall, the nook feels better made and asthetically more appealing to my taste. It has user replaceable battery, mp3 playback with standard earphone jack, micro-SD expandable to 32gb, it also comes with usb cable and AC charger, the customized screen saver is easier to manage than the PP, the only thing they don't come with is SD card and a case, but given the $150 price tag, a top quality screen 6" wifi ready reading device backed by one of the largest bookstores in the world is really a no brainer unless astak can come up with something below $100 mark.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #20
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
If anything, these lower prices should drive the devices overall down in price. In the end, a win-win for everyone and a faster adoption of ebook readers in potentially replacing paperbacks in most everyday situations.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #21
dbrowdy
Enthusiast
dbrowdy is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
If anything, these lower prices should drive the devices overall down in price. In the end, a win-win for everyone and a faster adoption of ebook readers in potentially replacing paperbacks in most everyday situations.
That's assuming the publishers get their heads out of their asses and lower prices on digital editions. But otherwise, I agree that it's a win-win for the consumer.
dbrowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #22
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
That's assuming the publishers get their heads out of their asses and lower prices on digital editions. But otherwise, I agree that it's a win-win for the consumer.
That'll eventually work itself out as people start smartening up and buy the cheaper ebooks from other publishers/stores than those who stick to the "let's charge more" motto.

Without cheaper devices, it won't matter if the ebooks are dirt cheap, people will just continue viewing the ebook reader as a expensive toy or a luxury item.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
While I occasionally get the jones to try out another reader, I'm kinda hoping for something updated from Astak. Maybe with wifi. I wonder if the prices will come down? Amazon, B&N, and Kobo can afford to sell at a loss; from what Bob has been saying, Astak cannot (nor can some of the other smaller companies, I would imagine).

As I said elsewhere, I am really happy with the device but I do pine for some eye candy. But the tradeoffs are not worth it. I like the multiple format support, I like the folder management, I like the navigation.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #24
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Well for me, there's 2 ways to go with a reader device. It either has to part of a "do everything" device - and that includes phone, web browsing, etc etc (and this is NOT my preference), or it should be absolutely minimal and very cheap. Leave out Wifi, mp3 players and anything that keeps the price up. make it purely and simply an electronic paperback book replacement. Get the price way down - say the price of a really good restaurant meal for 2 - let's say $100.

So I think the market is simply starting to think the way I do. Hence Kindle and Nook have to drop their prices, because the next generation of cheap iPad style devices will kill them for ever. Astak is in the same boat.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #25
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Combine that with the bad rap they've picked up from firmware issues and there's no way I'm paying $50 more for a device that's inferior in almost every respect.
Ok I agree there have been some issues with the latest firmware (lets not forget it was a rather large change in the Coolreader implementation) but a BIG advantage of the EZ line of readers is, if you don't like or have troubles with the firmware, just reflash with the previous version (or version that worked best for you). Try doing that with the Kindle!! I'm not trying to degrade the Kindle (it is a nice device and Amazon have created a product that works well with their store) but they force the Kindles to upgrade automatically with each firmware release. The apparent solution is to not turn on the wireless to stop the firmware update, but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying a 3G capable reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #26
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thumbs up Hurts, but still in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Today I received an email from Barnes & Noble saying they have drastically dropped the price of the Nook. With 3G it is $199, with wi-fi only it is $149. That's amazing. I guess now Amazon is dropping the Kindle down to $189. This is great, as it will make it easier for more people to purchase ebook readers... but what will it do to smaller companies like Astak? I love my Pocket Pro and would hate to see Astak become a casualty of this type of price war. I know Robertb has said in the past Astak makes very little money on their readers. I really hope this doesn't take them out of the ereader game.
Dear Davimee:

Great question and I am glad you brought it up. I am not allowed to talk bad about a competitor so I have to talk nice.

Yes, it is depressing for Astak to see B&N and Amazon firing guns at each other. Astak is a rowboat caught between battleships. Reportedly, BOTH Kindle and Nook were already selling for less than they cost to manufacture. Now they are eatiing up even more loss. BUT... they can withstand this. IREX already declared bankruptcy and others are rumoured. Low-balling is illegal.

So... where does this leave Astak. We cannot lower our device prices as we need to remain viable now. We cannot afford to lose money. We will instead dwell on our eBook Store (www.EZread.com) and there we CAN and WILL compete. Our first shot there is an all new website-redesign by a professional firm with experience. The contract was signed!! We will continue to push hard to have more innovation on that site: PayPal, Wish List, Forum, Author Interviews, contests, and more.

Yes, but what about devices? We have at least two models in the pipeline: the EZ Reader PLUS and a PROPOSED new Keyboard Touchscreen Wi-Fi Note-Taker that I am not allowed to detail at all. Please do not ask yet!! Both are 6 inch!! Our MID 7 inch is still firmly planned and will knock the stuffing out of tablets. We will not get in the price war. We will have to compete on value alone!

So, are these price wars beneficial to the end user! Well, as most innovation comes for small to mid-sized makers and this price war could put them out of the business... leaving the Big Two to then RAISE prices... I argue that point!! In the long-run it will hurt end users! In the short-run it may be illegal!

We are anything but fretting and remain full of enthusiasm. We will continue to be here; and we will continue providing the best in service and value.

Last edited by Robertb; 06-22-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Price isn't everything

Good Value is what people should look for.
Astak offers the Value of NOT locking you in to a specific store.
B&N is not locking you into a specific store. Their ePub DRM works with any store that carries ePub (except Apple).

I do think Astak needs a modern 6" reader with wifi, epson controller 400mhz processor, at least 1GB of ram and Wifi at $149 (or less) to keep competitive.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #28
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Nook a no-brainer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
I would not say the PP is inferior in almost every respect, the text to speech is a good plus, the multiple file formats and languages it supports natively is amazing also, and it is much lighter weighted. But if I haven't already bought the astak, the nook at this price is a no brainer. First, the nook has best screen contrast I have seen in any e-readers (the astak mentor is very close in that regard, but the PP screen contrast is considerably much poorer); second, although a little bulkier, the 6 inch screen actually offers 40% more reading space consider the measure is diagonal; the above two factors may seem not too much a difference in stores, but if you read more than one hour, you will definitely know the huge difference in reading experience. I just got my mentor, and I cannot say enough how much happier I am with the 6" mentor screen than with the 5" green-yellowish low-contrast PP screen, the nook screen is at the same level of the mentor if not better based on what I see in stores. Then, the nook has a built-in English dictionary that you can look up via highligting text in the book or by typing (that feature alone is worth about $30+). On top of that, the nook as a basic browser you can use to at least check blogs or emails or news (I checked one Chinese website in the store and it worked perfectly for text contents), it connects to your home Wifi. There are also tons of opportunities with evergrowing droid apps developed all around the world. The only thing I don't like about the nook is the tiny touchscreen with iPhone cover-flow like icons which I think will drain the battery. And overall, the nook feels better made and asthetically more appealing to my taste. It has user replaceable battery, mp3 playback with standard earphone jack, micro-SD expandable to 32gb, it also comes with usb cable and AC charger, the customized screen saver is easier to manage than the PP, the only thing they don't come with is SD card and a case, but given the $150 price tag, a top quality screen 6" wifi ready reading device backed by one of the largest bookstores in the world is really a no brainer unless astak can come up with something below $100 mark.
Dear Sylver:

I cannot make any disparaging remarks on here about my competition. BUT, READ the reviews, please, as a favor to yourself. Check, in particular, the speed of page turns. The Mobile Gadgeteer stated it eloquently and succinctly. It is all I can say!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #29
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Davimee:

Great question and I am glad you brought it up. I am not allowed to talk bad about a competitor so I have to talk nice.

Yes, it is depressing for Astak to see B&N and Amazon firing guns at each other. Astak is a rowboat caught between battleships. Reportedly, BOTH Kindle and Nook were already selling for less than they cost to manufacture. Now they are eatiing up even more loss. BUT... they can withstand this. IREX already declared bankruptcy and others are rumoured. Low-balling is illegal.

So... where does this leave Astak. We cannot lower our device prices as we need to remain viable now. We cannot afford to lose money. We will instead dwell on our eBook Store (www.EZread.com) and there we CAN and WILL compete. Our first shot there is an all new website-redesign by a professional firm with experience. The contract was signed!! We will continue to push hard to have more innovation on that site: PayPal, Wish List, Forum, Author Interviews, contests, and more.

Yes, but what about devices? We have at least two models in the pipeline: the EZ Reader PLUS and a PROPOSED new Keyboard Touchscreen Wi-Fi Note-Taker that I am not allowed to detail at all. Please do not ask yet!! Both are 6 inch!! Our MID 7 inch is still firmly planned and will knock the stuffing out of tablets. We will not get in the price war. We will have to compete on value alone!

So, are these price wars beneficial to the end user! Well, as most innovation comes for small to mid-sized makers and this price war could put them out of the business... leaving the Big Two to then RAISE prices... I argue that point!! In the long-run it will hurt end users! In the short-run it may be illegal!

We are anything but fretting and remain full of enthusiasm. We will continue to be here; and we will continue providing the best in service and value.
Thank you for your reply, Robert. I look forward to hearing more about your upcoming ereaders and the 7 inch MID! I will not ask any questions, I'll just keep my eyes open for new information, as you are able to give it. I'll also keep checking your book store any time I want to purchase a new ebook. EZread.com will be the first place I'll check! And I'm so glad to hear Astak will continue to stay in the game!!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
So... where does this leave Astak. We cannot lower our device prices as we need to remain viable now. We cannot afford to lose money.

Well, you can, and should, renegotiate with the factory in China. They need to feel the same price pressure you do. When they understand the pricepoint that you need to sell at, they will lower their prices. They will have all their resellers asking the same questions, you can bet on it.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote