Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #31
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Hope for easy as pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Our prayers are with you Robert.

I had something similiar, torn cartiledge inside my knee. I put up with it for about four or so years before it got where I couldn't walk.

My surgery was outpatient, with three scope entries in the knee. AFter coming home later that afternoon, and sleeping off the anesthetics I was up and around the next day, on crutches. All went easy as pie.

Hope yours is as easy.

AJ
Dear AJ:

Thank you. You are the only person I know who went through the surgery and this makes me feel much better. I had heard that you can be up abd around the next day on crutches and that you can drive a bit in about a week with a hinged brace. Then I read that you should start very moderate exercise after a week and swimming and lazy walking are good.

I cannot wait for the surgery. The pain now is worse when I drive (which seems to be a matter of the angle of the flororboard). I also know that when I first stand up it hurts badly and takes several steps before it becomes moderate.

Thank you!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #32
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Love your cat picture!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
All the best RobertB. I look forward to hearing of your speedy recovery. Meanwhile, I'll take you off the list for the Portland Marathon this year.
Dear Poppa:

Maybe the Portland Marathon has a crutch division and I can get in that!

Thank you!!
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #33
Robertb

Netbook?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dalliard View Post
Best of luck, Mr. B.

Take a netbook with you - you can post from your hospital bed.
Dear Mr. Dalliard:

Clutched in my hands as they wheel me in will be my trusty Pocket PRO. I am reading Steven Lake's "Homeworld" saga and finding that great reading.

My company was nice. They have given me two weeks with the strict provision of zero computer use while recuperating. They need me ready to go by CES in January at 100%. If I am not 100% I do not get to go, they say. Little do they know that a CES without me there solving all their mistakes would be pointless. I go in early and catch everything from spelling errors on signage to booths pointing backwards to no badges for the booth contractors. Then I do the advance publicity. Why, without me, they would likely build the booth upside down with signs saying: "Astek... we be goo redding"!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #34
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Mr. Dalliard:

Clutched in my hands as they wheel me in will be my trusty Pocket PRO. I am reading Steven Lake's "Homeworld" saga and finding that great reading.

My company was nice. They have given me two weeks with the strict provision of zero computer use while recuperating. They need me ready to go by CES in January at 100%. If I am not 100% I do not get to go, they say. Little do they know that a CES without me there solving all their mistakes would be pointless. I go in early and catch everything from spelling errors on signage to booths pointing backwards to no badges for the booth contractors. Then I do the advance publicity. Why, without me, they would likely build the booth upside down with signs saying: "Astek... we be goo redding"!
*lol* Robert, I'm so glad the pain hasn't affected your sense of humor. And that's great that they're giving you two weeks off with no computer! You definitely need to stick to that!

Regarding CES, isn't there someone you can take with you to help you out? I mean, you could delegate... hey, I know! A bunch of us here from MR could join you and be your helpers! Wouldn't that be a blast?! I know that's not really possible, but hey, a girl can dream!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #35
Robertb

Astak MR Bunch at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
*lol* Robert, I'm so glad the pain hasn't affected your sense of humor. And that's great that they're giving you two weeks off with no computer! You definitely need to stick to that!

Regarding CES, isn't there someone you can take with you to help you out? I mean, you could delegate... hey, I know! A bunch of us here from MR could join you and be your helpers! Wouldn't that be a blast?! I know that's not really possible, but hey, a girl can dream!
Dear Davimee:

Last year we had Dale from MY there at the booth. He is phenomenal and could really go deep into answers to questions.

We may want a few MR people there this year. No promises... but the LAST thing anyone thinks about is the staffing of the booth. There are never enough staff to do it all.
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #36
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Dear AJ:

Thank you. You are the only person I know who went through the surgery and this makes me feel much better. I had heard that you can be up abd around the next day on crutches and that you can drive a bit in about a week with a hinged brace. Then I read that you should start very moderate exercise after a week and swimming and lazy walking are good.

I cannot wait for the surgery. The pain now is worse when I drive (which seems to be a matter of the angle of the flororboard). I also know that when I first stand up it hurts badly and takes several steps before it becomes moderate.

Thank you!!
My injury was from hyperextending my knee at my exercise class. The torn cartilege was inside the knee where the ball joint rubbed as I walked. The doctor just went in and scrapped the cartiledge smooth. I had no pain afterwards, and just very slight from the scope incisions. I didn't have to have a brace and was just fine after a couple of weeks.

If you hurt your knee with a twist it might be a bit different than mine, but if they are going to use scopes ( the best way these days), it shouldn't be bad at all. Take advantage of all your offered time off, and just rest.

We'll hold all our questions for when you get back

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #37
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Oh, you'll surely be missed here. Get well soon Bob...you have our prayers.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #38
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Dear Mr. Dalliard:

You will be fine well before January. I blew my left knee out a few years ago (tore the meniscus; they call it that because when I did it it, I cussed) and the doctor wanted to do surgery but that wasn't an option since I'm a walking poster child for heart attack or stroke from blood clots (determinded from blood factors and family history). Even then, after a month of physical therapy, I was back to work, having been off only five weeks. Fortunately, I had short term disability so I lost only a week of pay. I had to wear a brace at work for a couple of months after which, I just kept it handy just in case it started to bother me. I retired about a year ago and it hasn't even twinged since then (I used to be constantly on my feet 10 hours straight at work). In your case, since you're getting surgery for it, you should heal up a lot faster with fewer after effects.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #39
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Ah there is about 1 1/2 hour drive from home a raspberry farm that do real raspberries covered in chocolate. Absolute divine.
See! Now Rob can enjoy chocolate covered raspberries too!
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #40
Robertb

Thank you Dioktin and AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
My injury was from hyperextending my knee at my exercise class. The torn cartilege was inside the knee where the ball joint rubbed as I walked. The doctor just went in and scrapped the cartiledge smooth. I had no pain afterwards, and just very slight from the scope incisions. I didn't have to have a brace and was just fine after a couple of weeks.

If you hurt your knee with a twist it might be a bit different than mine, but if they are going to use scopes ( the best way these days), it shouldn't be bad at all. Take advantage of all your offered time off, and just rest.

We'll hold all our questions for when you get back

AJ
Dear AJ:

This helps. I think what you describe is what will be done to me. Depending on where the tear actually is, some tears can be sowed as they have adequate blood supply. Those are normally to the outside of the knee.

I believe mine will require the scrape or small removal of the torn part. Yes, I am sure all work will be done by scope (Orthoscopic). I have never had even so much as a broken finger in my life so this is all new to me. I am just going online and reading everything I can find!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:04 PM   #41
Robertb

Walking poster child!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
You will be fine well before January. I blew my left knee out a few years ago (tore the meniscus; they call it that because when I did it it, I cussed) and the doctor wanted to do surgery but that wasn't an option since I'm a walking poster child for heart attack or stroke from blood clots (determinded from blood factors and family history). Even then, after a month of physical therapy, I was back to work, having been off only five weeks. Fortunately, I had short term disability so I lost only a week of pay. I had to wear a brace at work for a couple of months after which, I just kept it handy just in case it started to bother me. I retired about a year ago and it hasn't even twinged since then (I used to be constantly on my feet 10 hours straight at work). In your case, since you're getting surgery for it, you should heal up a lot faster with fewer after effects.
Dear Lady Fitz:

Yes, I did read that this type of surgery has a minor chance of deep vein thrombosis (blood clot) and that is the worry. My dad and his dad both died from heart attack but my mom's side is fine. I am going to follow the instructions to the letter and remember to flex my left foot in and out every 30 minutes or so to help prevent that.

Your words help a lot!!

You know, it was not until I got news of the impending surgery and posted that I fully realized the friendships I have formed on here. The outpouring of well wishes is simply amazing.

YES, I will rest and not rush it. Thank you, my lady!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #42
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Dear Robert,

good luck and may you recover soon!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #43
oddly bodkins
Enthusiast
oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oddly bodkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aztak Pocket Pro, Palm Zire 72, IPad 2
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Robert. I hope your surgery goes well and you are pain free afterward.
oddly bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:17 AM   #44
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Robert, all the best for a successful operation in July and a speedy, complete recovery.
Take it easy on that knee. Kindest thoughts and best wishes to you.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #45
Robertb

Thank you javed and so many other friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Robert, all the best for a successful operation in July and a speedy, complete recovery.
Take it easy on that knee. Kindest thoughts and best wishes to you.
Dear All:

My surgery is now definite. I have heavy fluid thruout my left knee and a miniscus tear that is significant. My surgery will be on Thursday, July 15, at 5:30 a.m. and I elected to stay awake during the surgery to prevent complications. The surgeon is a very good and caring person who feels that a piece of the tear is protruding and causing severe pain.

Thank you for all the great wishes. I will be off MR for about two weeks following July 15.

Bob