Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-09-2023, 05:47 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I can't believe there were people who actually took my tongue-in-cheek comment to hire the author to read the book seriously.

Not when there's one of these little buddies:

Example:
What! You mean you weren't serious?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:29 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'm not trying to make it sound nefarious.

You are also quibbling and sounding like a Google cheerleader. Why should any human be pro-Corp for corp that act like laws are only for consumers and use their money to get laws that suit them?
I don't care if Google is found guilty of breaking any laws or not. I will use what services they provide that I find useful, and won't use those that I don't (or one's they're not legally allowed to provide me). I don't see the point in rooting against, or for, corporate entities like they're good or evil. They're not my friend or my enemy. They're a screwdriver, or a pair of pliers, in my online toolbox.

We're getting off-topic here, so this will be my last comment on the subject. Google will only be (potentially) creating auto-generated audio books for rights-holders who WANT them to. Your (and others') crusade against their scanning campaign doesn't enter into the speculative auto-generated audiobook conversation (and definitely not into the subject of Spotify's foray into audiobooks). It's a nothingburger.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-09-2023 at 06:37 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert