Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-21-2023, 04:19 PM   #31
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
fjdk Only 3 months Free IF you buy a Kindle. Which I dont need.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 07:01 PM   #32
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...80060bca&ei=25
Advert
Old 06-22-2023, 10:24 AM   #33
fjdk
fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjdk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
fjdk Only 3 months Free IF you buy a Kindle. Which I dont need.
Uh..not what I saw...it was the general KU page, no kindle purchase required. May need to be a "new" customer, so ymmv.
fjdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 10:33 AM   #34
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I forgot to sign up for prime! Now to see if I get the offers. BTW
Old 06-22-2023, 01:42 PM   #35
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Got Unlimited. But either I missed the Audible or just cant find it ...ugh
Advert
Old 07-02-2023, 07:03 AM   #36
NerdyGreenWitch
NerdyGreenWitch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite Signature, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

I do use it a lot, often just for short term rentals where I just read a few chapters about something and not entire books.
Please stop doing that. The way KU is works is that authors get paid per page read, so if you borrow a book and only read a few pages, they get paid very little. It’s not cool, they should be getting paid per download, but that’s Amazon for you.
NerdyGreenWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 07:09 AM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdyGreenWitch View Post
Please stop doing that. The way KU is works is that authors get paid per page read, so if you borrow a book and only read a few pages, they get paid very little. It’s not cool, they should be getting paid per download, but that’s Amazon for you.
The "pay-per-page" rate is something that Amazon has worked out over time, in response to some authors gaming the system with super-short books. There's also nothing inherently unjust with authors getting paid more for longer books; although it's a comparison I dislike, doorstoppers in paper cost more than romance novels. Long books take longer to write, y'know?

In any case, no one is forcing authors to use KU.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 12:04 AM   #38
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

IF I dont like a book I not going to read it or finish it.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:04 AM   #39
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Please stop doing that. The way KU is works is that authors get paid per page read, so if you borrow a book and only read a few pages, they get paid very little.
That's a contract between the authors and Amazon. Customers had no say in it. Customers didn't sign any contract. Customers don't even know the terms of the contract, except by hearsay on forums like ours. Customers have zero obligation to read a book that they don't want to. If the authors signed up for this pay-per-page deal, well, they signed up for it. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 06:20 AM   #40
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

I do use it a lot, often just for short term rentals where I just read a few chapters about something and not entire books.

Quote:
I would hope that "read a few chapters" is more then "read a few pages"?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 08:11 AM   #41
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
I'm not going to finish a poorly written book. I borrow a ton of books from KU. Some are so poorly written, or lack editing, to the point they are unreadable. I'm not going to finish a book like that, which would only encourage that author to keep churning out poorly written drek.

Random mistakes are one thing. But mistakes on every page? Hard no. There was/is too much scamming and "authors" gaming the system to support being "paid per download."
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, kindle unlimited