Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #16
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
I also don't need my handwritten notes on other devices or computers.
Whats about sending via email?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:39 AM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Obviously you didn't read my work around:
"I don't need on-board writing to text conversion. I write my notes and sent them via e-mail to my adress. That works comfy and perfect and thats my daily workaround at work."
I haven't said that there is a handwriting recognition directly ON the reM2 which can be saved ON the device. What I get at the E-Mail is converted text from my hand written notes and that's the thing I need to work on in OneNote.
Totally slow inferior process. Does your boss realise what a breach of security your use of the reMarkable is?

Quote:

Have you ever worked with your Sage under real condition and not for fun?
I don't think so. I have my boss at the phone and had to take some or lots of notes, this is various, and for this the Sage is a useless device. For example to get a new page takes to much time and when lying my hand on the device to start writing the Sage did the things which I mentioned (A device which does anything and goes anywhere when putting my hand on its screen is not usable for me at work, its totally useless and thats what my Sage did sometime in practise.)
If you make notes just for fun in your sparetime, than you can take a Sage for notes but not for professional daily live use.
I was so impressed by the Elipsa I bought a Sage. I use it seriously and professionally. I earlier got a reMarkable.
I have now almost entirely stopped using paper.

I eventually passed on the reMarkable, but that user swapped a Libra for a Sage plus an MS Surface compatible pen (works same as Kobo pen off an Elipsa).

You can't have given the Sage + pen a proper trial (esp. with later firmware), but obviously the reMarkable works for you. In my analysis of IT and many years of it including training, your use case is very specific to you.
I've used a Newton (over hyped) and a Palm PDA (Graffiti interface is gesturing, not writing and screen is too small 2").
Also I've had a Wacom digitiser + pen since they came out (Serial then USB). I have also the Lenovo X201 laptop/tablet with touch screen and Wacom pen.

I've seen ten people in real life use the Sage. Three have now got a Sage. Not one person was impressed with the reMarkable, except to read PDFs, but the file system only view only is poor for books. I had to install KOReader on the Elipsa to have similar PDF viewing, but now not needed since Kobo implemented PDF zoom/crop per document.

It's good to have choice and I welcome the Lenovo product. I nearly bought a Kindle Scribe for PDF proofing, which is not a hobby, but work. However it seems to be the least suitable on the market for it despite the 300 vs 227 dpi.
If I didn't have the Elipsa I'd maybe be using the reMarkable for PDF proofing, but document management is a failure with no Calibre support, no MTP or USB-MS.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2023, 07:40 AM   #18
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Whats about sending via email?
"What I get at the E-Mail is converted text from my hand written notes and that's the thing I need to work on in OneNote."

I don't need handwritten notes via E-Mail, this makes no sense for my special purpose. I copy the converted text out of the E-Mail in an OneNote folder, cause thats the thing I need. After that I can search any time a word or a date or others in OneNote. And that's perfect for me.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 07:45 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My Boox Note Air and Tab Ultra can do all that and much more.

And I automatically have all my Notes on all my Boox devices and computers.

Above all, they have light!
I was very tempted to buy a Boox, then the Elipsa came out and I had since 2016 used a Kobo to proof and annotate epubs with Calibre support.

I still might get a Boox if they have one with 300 dpi and better than 10″.

Does anyone know for sure what the Lenovo dpi is?
I couldn't read the entire Engadget review.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:59 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Does anyone know for sure what the Lenovo dpi is?
227 dpi
Advert
Old 01-06-2023, 12:05 PM   #21
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I still might get a Boox if they have one with 300 dpi and better than 10″.
They've had a model with 300 dpi at 13" for some time.

The top layer for writing feel makes the effective resolution worse than 150 dpi.

Last edited by j.p.s; 01-12-2023 at 01:01 PM. Reason: fix misinformation and typo
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:18 PM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
They've had a model with 300 dpi at 13" for some time.

The top layer for writing feel makes the effective resolution worse than 150 dpi.
Which one is that supposed to be?
To my knowledge, EInk does not have such a screen in its program
Old 01-06-2023, 12:31 PM   #23
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Which one is that supposed to be?
To my knowledge, EInk does not have such a screen in its program
None. I misremembered resolution on the newer Max series. But unless they fix their upper layer, increased resolution won't help.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 12:49 PM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
None. I misremembered resolution on the newer Max series. But unless they fix their upper layer, increased resolution won't help.
Now there's the Tab X - which should have the same glass top layer as the Tab Ultra.
And I like this one
Old 01-06-2023, 08:04 PM   #25
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Do any of these devices let you connect a Bluetooth keyboard?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 01:12 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
yes .
Old 01-07-2023, 06:44 AM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
I think all meebook/boyue do.
The Kobo Elipsa & Sage do, but only take text where the onscreen keyboard would, i.e. none at all in Notebooks or Advanced Notebooks.
The Libra2 might, but I've not tested it. You can easily make suitable epubs (journal, notes, diary etc) where you could highlight an item and add a note with a BT Keyboard.

BT keyboard stuff is unrelated to things having a digitizer and thus a pen/pencil/stylus. Mostly a screen for adding a note either works with a stylus OR text (which is touch keyboard or BT and rarely USB)
Old 01-07-2023, 09:08 AM   #28
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Totally slow inferior process. Does your boss realise what a breach of security your use of the reMarkable is?
Well, the first is your opinon.
The second you can ask someone who doesn't shorten e.g. names, company names with only one letter. And noted sensitive numbers without further text can't be assigned to anything specific.
And yes, my boss knows my device and he liked it and he also knows what kind of notes I'm writing on, see above.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 10:50 AM   #29
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
I think all meebook/boyue do.
The Kobo Elipsa & Sage do, but only take text where the onscreen keyboard would, i.e. none at all in Notebooks or Advanced Notebooks.
The Libra2 might, but I've not tested it. You can easily make suitable epubs (journal, notes, diary etc) where you could highlight an item and add a note with a BT Keyboard.

BT keyboard stuff is unrelated to things having a digitizer and thus a pen/pencil/stylus. Mostly a screen for adding a note either works with a stylus OR text (which is touch keyboard or BT and rarely USB)
Thanks. Another thing Scribe doesn't do, but should, if Amazon is looking to match up as a notebook device.

Ideally, keyboard support be such that you could do most things without touching the screen, i.e. with keyboard shortcuts and so forth.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:11 AM   #30
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Thanks. Another thing Scribe doesn't do, but should, if Amazon is looking to match up as a notebook device.

Ideally, keyboard support be such that you could do most things without touching the screen, i.e. with keyboard shortcuts and so forth.
Mac, Linux, Windows (Desktop mode). But, unless in an app, not Windows in Tablet mode. Not Android. Likely not iOS either. Those are all touch centric. Android (and thus einks based on Android) have but a few shortcut keys. Esc is usually Android back. There will be a key to activate Search or Google Go. I've used Jota on Android (phone, Tablet and eink Boyue Likebook which is now meebook) with a keyboard. It's one of the better ones for a keyboard and doesn't come close to a keyboard on DOS, or desktop Mac/Linux/Windows Console editor program.

Oddly my Android 4 phone works well enough with a USB hub to have a mouse, keyboard, HDMI HD screen and a USB mass storage device with Jota. Many Android things only support USB storage, though often my emergency PC USB dongle for ethernet works (slowly). I've also managed to run a USB DVB-T TV stick on two 10" Android tablets, but only demo software (TV or Radio or SDR). Free on Linux or Windows for TV or SDR.

As I've written elsewhere, forget about more than simple plain text notes on phones, tablets or eink. The Handwriting + conversion to text on the Sage is faster and easier than any text + real keyboard (BT or USB) app I've tried on Android or iOS.

I don't use Jota now that I have a Sage.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-07-2023 at 11:16 AM.