Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Mentor: font sizes

I got my Mentor today and am very happy with the size, weight, screen. There is just one problem: the font sizes.

On the smallest font size, my epubs are showing on a very tiny, barely readable font. If I go one size up, the font is huge, with only 5-6 words fitting on a line. After that, the other 6 font sizes go up in normal increments (of course, it's going from huge, to a little huger, to a little huger, etc.) I can't get a comfortable font size to read!

Is there any way to make that first jump smaller?? These are all epubs that display just fine on my Sony Readers.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here are some images of the first and second font-size setting. Doesn't that jump seem a bit excessive?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mentor1.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	53666   Click image for larger version

Name:	mentor2.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	53667  
Old 06-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Mine is on the way, can't wait for it. maxbookworm, how is the screen contrast compares to, say Sony 505 or Sony 300?
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Mine is on the way, can't wait for it. maxbookworm, how is the screen contrast compares to, say Sony 505 or Sony 300?
Absolutely just as good. And the page turn is very fast. If I can just figure out this font size thing, I'll be very happy with it.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Does the Mentor have firmware? I don't have one so I don't know if that would help, and you've probably already looked into that, but it's all I can think of.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Does the Mentor have firmware? I don't have one so I don't know if that would help, and you've probably already looked into that, but it's all I can think of.
There is a firmware upgrade available, but you need an SD card to install it and I don't have one yet.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
There is a firmware upgrade available, but you need an SD card to install it and I don't have one yet.
hmm, the first step font enlarge does seem too much. maxbookworm, does this only happens to certain file format? how about txt or text based pdf file, same issue?
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Ah, got it.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
Hi,

I had the same problem, I got my Mentor couple weeks ago, got it from newegg. The upgrade to .10 fixed the problem.
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
maxbookworm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagars24 View Post
Hi,

I had the same problem, I got my Mentor couple weeks ago, got it from newegg. The upgrade to .10 fixed the problem.
Thanks! I guess I need to go out and buy an SD card so I can upgrade the firmware!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
maxbookworm
Addict

I upgraded to the icon firmware and the issue is solved. Yay!