Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-22-2023, 03:09 AM   #46
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
I recently re-purchased the rm2 after selling my prior one last year due to the small storage. The 3.x firmware is a great improvement as Sonnenfee said earlier. I'll make my peace with the storage size as the writing experience is really second to none imo. I tried to use my Elipsa as a replacement for the rm2 and while it's an excellent reader, the rm2's writing experience, easy sync, and screen sharing made me miss it a lot and thus re-buy it.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:49 AM   #47
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
What writing, sync and screen sharing?
You can't have been seriously using the Elipsa or upgraded the FW.. I have both and the remarkable doesn't even come close. It's a sketchpad with poor USB connectivity (Networking only). The original reMarkable is also easier to use, less slippy surface & buttons.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:42 PM   #48
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
What writing, sync and screen sharing?
You can't have been seriously using the Elipsa or upgraded the FW.. I have both and the remarkable doesn't even come close. It's a sketchpad with poor USB connectivity (Networking only). The original reMarkable is also easier to use, less slippy surface & buttons.
Just what is it with your little windmill tilting at the remarkable? I have 1+ year of usage with rm2 and 1+ year of usage with the elipsa and this is my opinion. Are you saying I'm lying? I have used the Elipsa a year for work and trying to export a diagram for work was an endeavor. By comparison, the rm2 just syncs to the cloud or I can share to gdrive, one drive, or dropbox trivially - the elipsa just supports dropbox and the export process is a multi step suck. Stop gaslighting and trying to splain my opinion to me! I'm sorry you are so filled with hate against the rm2, for some reason, that are you unable to accept an opinion that doesn't agree with your jaundiced view - please get some help.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:15 PM   #49
crudites enjoyer
crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crudites enjoyer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
is the writing latency on the elipsa still like 500 ms? it was basically unusable when I tried it at launch. I don't even use the pen anymore tbh.
crudites enjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:36 PM   #50
ab78727
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudites enjoyer View Post
is the writing latency on the elipsa still like 500 ms? it was basically unusable when I tried it at launch. I don't even use the pen anymore tbh.
I frankly haven't found it to be too bad but it does lag quite a bit more than the rm2, enough to be noticeable to me. The worse part unfortunately with the Elipsa is the non determinism of the lag, prior to the last fw update (haven't tried since), ie the writing would stop registering or catch up for an unexpectedly long interval: really breaks up the concentration when one is trying to frantically write down an idea and the writing randomly doesn't keep up.
Old 01-23-2023, 05:09 AM   #51
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I don't see any noticeable lag on the Elipsa or Sage. The initial release was poorer but more like less than 100ms than 500ms. Also the reMarkable is only storing an image, so comparison should be with Kobo Basic Notebook. The reMarkable has nothing like the Advanced Notebook.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:42 AM   #52
ab78727
Connoisseur

The Kobo 'advanced notebook' is fairly junk, imo. The experience was so poor that I couldn't believe they released it - it was like trying to wrestle an irascible skunk. I'll try it again to see if it is better but the first impression was powerful and that impression was 'this sucks.'
Old 01-27-2023, 08:27 AM   #53
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab78727 View Post
The Kobo 'advanced notebook' is fairly junk, imo. The experience was so poor that I couldn't believe they released it - it was like trying to wrestle an irascible skunk. I'll try it again to see if it is better but the first impression was powerful and that impression was 'this sucks.'
Hopefully without the odor.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 03:43 AM   #54
teotjunk
Connoisseur
teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.teotjunk could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Does anyone know for Lenovo Smart Paper what the experience is like with writing in OneNote directly
teotjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #55
Vrondi
Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Vrondi could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (First Gen).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Lenovo gadgets are maybe the only ones (apart from ereaders) that I've had updates on.
Few laptop makers and fewer Android makers release any updates. I've had plenty of far worse PCs than my lenovo laptop and plenty of worse tablets. They seem about average.
It may depend that "line" of Lenovo you have. Thinkpads get more support than the consumer lines, as an example. While Dell and Samsung have put out plenty of updates for their laptops, the Yoga I had got like one round of updates, then a big Windows change broke the screen mode switching, and that was it... abandoned by Lenovo. Was not a good experience.

So now, if this Smart Paper Tablet isn't branded as a "Think" tablet with the Thinkpad line, I wouldn't buy it unless I'd be happy to use it as-is, out of the box without updates forever. Just in case it never gets updates.
Vrondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 02:32 AM   #56
ab78727
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrondi View Post
It may depend that "line" of Lenovo you have. Thinkpads get more support than the consumer lines, as an example. While Dell and Samsung have put out plenty of updates for their laptops, the Yoga I had got like one round of updates, then a big Windows change broke the screen mode switching, and that was it... abandoned by Lenovo. Was not a good experience.

So now, if this Smart Paper Tablet isn't branded as a "Think" tablet with the Thinkpad line, I wouldn't buy it unless I'd be happy to use it as-is, out of the box without updates forever. Just in case it never gets updates.
I'll second this - had a Yogabook c930 that Lenovo apparently abandoned. It was imo practically a work of art in terms of hardware but the lcd/eink switching never worked right. Updates got more infrequent and often made things worse; could never read a book on the eink screen in peace without that stupid lcd deciding to randomly light up and drain the battery. After a year with that device, I sold it with a heavy heart and at a loss. I'm scared of Lenovo, frankly - they can make amazing designs but stuff like this will keep me away from all but the Thinkpads.