Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #1
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
EZ Reader + Calibre + FB = :(

Hows come if I convert a TXT file to FB2 on Calibre, EZ Reader won't read it?

FB2 seems to have the most options and is is the most readable. Bummer it isn't working....
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Hows come if I convert a TXT file to FB2 on Calibre, EZ Reader won't read it?

FB2 seems to have the most options and is is the most readable. Bummer it isn't working....
That does seem strange. I have used FB2 a lot on my BeBook, which is also a Hanlin V3 clone like the EZReader. The one difference is that I create my FB2 books in Book Designer instead of Calibre, because I like it's WYSIWYG editing.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Have you tried any other fb2 books? Here is one I did of King Solomons Mines. See if it will work on your Pro it works fine with my EZ-Reader and the OEM firmware.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Have you tried any other fb2 books? Here is one I did of King Solomons Mines. See if it will work on your Pro it works fine with my EZ-Reader and the OEM firmware.
Wow, I really like the formatting applied to that book! It works fine on my EZR Pocket Pro.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Seems to be working now... I just had to tweak the Calibre settings a bit....
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
Seems to be working now... I just had to tweak the Calibre settings a bit....
What was your tweak? I tried making an FB2 from a PRC and my PP wouldn't read it either. I just gave up on FB2 & PP rather than pursuing a tweak.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I would love to know the tweak in calibre also

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #8
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
I would love to know the tweak in calibre also

Chuck
Oh dear! Now I need to remember?

Let me look....

Under conversion preferences....

And then the structure detection tab....

UNtick all the boxes and set chapter mark to BOTH. Set FB2 output to NOT have inline TOC.

Errr.....well...it DID work for me. Let me know if it works for y'all? *Blink*