Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
It's between The Daylight24 and the Verilux (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...895863-5939951). From what I've read on another thread the Verilux is not well constructed...fragile in fact, but the coverage and quality of the light are both excellent.

I do have a concern about the big base on the Daylight24. Doesn't look to me like the cover of the Astak Pocket Pro will accommodate it. Do you have an opinion? I do like the looks of the Daylight 24.
Thx for you input.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
I have not gotten much enjoyment out of the clamp on reading lights, so I use a head band light, sort of like a high tech miner's lamp. It is a LED light, and can be set for either a red lowpower light or a white higher power light. It works great and provides full page illumination at the distance that I read from. I first started using it back in my paper book days.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I have not gotten much enjoyment out of the clamp on reading lights, so I use a head band light, sort of like a high tech miner's lamp. It is a LED light, and can be set for either a red lowpower light or a white higher power light. It works great and provides full page illumination at the distance that I read from. I first started using it back in my paper book days.
good suggestion, hadn't thought about that
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:59 AM   #19
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
It's between The Daylight24 and the Verilux (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...895863-5939951). From what I've read on another thread the Verilux is not well constructed...fragile in fact, but the coverage and quality of the light are both excellent.

I do have a concern about the big base on the Daylight24. Doesn't look to me like the cover of the Astak Pocket Pro will accommodate it. Do you have an opinion? I do like the looks of the Daylight 24.
Thx for you input.
d
Here are a couple of pictures from the Daylight24 light, let me reiterate that the uneven lighting and the glare are not the same as seen in real life, it seems these full spectrum lights don't like to be photographed. The sony does not accomodate the clamp normally either, I just place it on the front part of the cover and flip it over, you can see it in the first picture in that post.

Have you looked at the Mighty Bright Duet? one advantage it has over the Daylight24 is the smaller clamp and its not a battery hog.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:55 AM   #20
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrondP View Post
Hi
I've been lurking around in this forum for a while now and I'm thinking of getting myself an ebook reader. The 5" Pocket PRO seems like a good reader and seems to have great support. My only experiance with reading ebooks is on my HTC phones. I used to read on a HTC tytn2 but recently changed to a HTC Touch Pro 2. It's ok to read on for a litle while but I would like to get a bigger screen and a reader that dos'nt start ringing all the time
Is there some kind of reading light to get for this reader? I saw amazon has one for for the Kindle http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1268192011
Can this be used with the Pocket Pro or are there other options?

Thanks in advance

Trond
I tracked down a European re-seller of Mighty Bright booklights, pizzazz-retail.co.uk
- this might be a cheaper alternative compared to what you may have to pay in customs fees etc. if ordering from USA.

I bought a Travelflex light, and it was shipped promptly and arrived quickly.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
The idea of climbing in bed with a miner's light on my head...I dunno, Dave. The last time I had on a headlight was hunting racoons in a corn patch and feeling pretty silly about the whole enterprise. I don't even like those ear things.

Catire, I had looked at your Mighty Bright Duet post several times but have definitely opted for a cold cathode bulb. Viewing your pics of the Daylight24 (thanks), it just seems too big for the PocketPro. Both the head and the base are as long as the window on your PRS505.

I read all the Verilux reviews on Amazon and they were definitely mixed.
I hate decisions, but I'm leaning toward it.

I do appreciate everyone's opinions.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yet ANOTHER thread on a reading light. This is why we NEED a generc reader forum for such generic threads.

That being said, have a read of the following thread on lights for readers. It has some pretty good pictures and the buglight is probably the best one. It should work well with a 5", 6", 7", 8", 9.7", & 10" screen.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12668
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote