Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
MichelW
MichelW began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 622
Pocketbook Touch dictionaries

Hello,
I've read lots of threads about converting dictionaries to the .dic format in order to make them work on a pocketbook reader. I got two dictionaries in the .dic format which I couldn't get to work on the pocketbook 622. When I asked support about it they told me, the pocketbook touch could not run dictionaries in the dic format (the dictionaries that are sold for it are in the pbi format).
Therefore I would like to know if there is any possibility to convert these .dic dictionaries to .pbi .

It would be great if anyone knew about this.
Thanks a lot,
Michel
MichelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
That's not right. The Pocketbook Touch still uses *.dic dictionaries. Copy them into the folder /system/dictionaries/ of your Pocketbook 622.

.pbi is a download file, it stands for something like pocketbook installation file. Pocketbook uses them to distribute commercial dictionaries and the language packages. I don't think that there is a possibility for us users to convert from dic to pbi.

Welcome to MR, Michel !
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert