Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #91
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanilm View Post
Is this going to works for me:
I think it should
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:03 PM   #92
SuperRed38
SuperRed38 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT Black
Kindle too new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
How to Update developer.keystore Without USBNetwork
Or Why tomass is a Big Damn Hero! (and inameiname and PoP)

• Install Jailbreak. I'm going to assume you know how to do that since you're in the Developer Section.
  • Install Launchpad if you haven't already (really, so awesome, adds so much more functionality to the Kindle, not just this (which is awesome enough)).
  • Download the files from here, as posted by inameiname (orginally by tomass) and copy it to the launchpad folder on your Kindle.
  • Restart your Kindle!
  • Laugh Maniacally.

You can install a whole mess of programs now, and they will work. I have installed all the ones above, and am about to go off in search of more, which I will link here.

This process can be repeated whenever there's an update of the developer.keystore file, so you're never again going to be limited in what programs you can run.
I'm sorry about all of the trouble, but I have a Kindle 4 (not supported by Launchpad) so I can't launch the installer. I also don't have access to a Unix-based PC.
SuperRed38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 PM   #93
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You should be covered if you install the MKK (MobileRead Kindlet Kit), which basically rebundles the merged developer keystore for use with modern bridging techniques.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233932

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-26-2016 at 10:53 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #94
SuperRed38
SuperRed38 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You should be covered if you install the MKK (MobileRead Kindlet Kit), which basically rebundles the merged developer keystore for use with modern bridging techniques.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=233932
My Kindle says that it hasn't been designated as a test Kindle by the developer and to contact him/her. Problem is, which one?
SuperRed38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:08 AM   #95
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRed38 View Post
My Kindle says that it hasn't been designated as a test Kindle by the developer and to contact him/her. Problem is, which one?
The "one" who told you FOUR days ago to install MKK to solve this problem, when you asked this question last time. I recommend you attempt to follow his advice before asking this question again.

EDIT: Color and emphasis added to quote, to highlight the subject of my reply.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-30-2016 at 11:49 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert