Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
The problem that 256 MB SD card can be more expensive than 2GB SD card becuase nobody produce SD cards less than 1GB now
I recently bought 2 2GB cards and they didn't even have smaller than 512Mb!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Is it PDF format?
No, it's mobipocket... it would be about the same size in ePUB.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #18
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Why all picturtures of switched off deviced made outside with a bright sunlight while all pictures of a working device made indoors with a very bad artificial lighting?

Something is odd about it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #19
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Multiple small cards can sometimes make it easier to organize your library.
The jetbook easily allows one to develop individual file folders and sub folders to allow you to organize your books however you want on the card. I have organized mine by genre and author. One card in the device is a lot harder to loose than 8 cards outside the device .

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #20
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
The jetbook easily allows one to develop individual file folders and sub folders to allow you to organize your books however you want on the card. I have organized mine by genre and author. One card in the device is a lot harder to loose than 8 cards outside the device .

--
Bill
Agree. I keep all my books on one 2GB SD card and use both folders and sub folders.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #21
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
No, it's mobipocket... it would be about the same size in ePUB.
I see. It will be nice to test it.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Agree. I keep all my books on one 2GB SD card and use both folders and sub folders.
Yes, the Jetbook does have a very nice folder system. It also has a file manager on the device to allow you to move files around if you want. For example, move on after you read it to an archive folder.

It also nicely coalesces the folders on the card with those on the main memory so if you for example want a book to show up in a location no matter what SD card you are using it will.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #23
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Is there a way to adjust the margin? The photos of the review show a very small left margin, while the right margin is bigger.

Also, the fonts showed in the photo look horrible.
What are the other fonts included with the Jetbook ?
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #24
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Why all picturtures of switched off deviced made outside with a bright sunlight while all pictures of a working device made indoors with a very bad artificial lighting?

Something is odd about it.
Any comments from owners?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Any comments from owners?
I'm using jetBook inside and outside and screen looks good in both cases.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #26
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
I'm using jetBook inside and outside and screen looks good in both cases.
Thanks for the review. I just got my first ebook reader, a Kindle 1, less than 3 weeks ago. I wasn't sure I would take to reading on it, but I have. I've been going through the learning curve about different readers and formats, and of course trying to find the perfect book light.

Tonight I became somewhat fascinated, like all of a sudden, with the jetBook. I'm impressed enough to accurately type the name. Glad to hear you seem very satisfied with yours. The fact that mobipocket and epub will be supported in a week is great news, not that I am even familiar enough with the different formats, to appreciate it.

It's the size of the jetBook, and the page turn slider that really appeal to me. It's the paperback thing. I always preferred them, maybe because I could only afford them. "Wait till it comes out in paperback". The Beatle's "Paperback Writer" ha ha. I want that size and feel in my ebook reader.

But the way the jetBook seems to allow one to hold it in the palm of your hand and effortlessly turn pages with the slider seems so cool to me, a Kindle 1 owner who all too well knows the meaning of accidental page turns.
I think the slider is ingenious, and there are buttons too!

I just may have to pick one up. It will be interesting comparing E-ink to the lcd.

Too bad they have removed the jet airplane from the logo, that was nifty.

Last edited by galavanter; 03-26-2009 at 07:25 AM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #27
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

jetBook, a library in your pocket.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKmeiUKULw&fmt=18
Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
Cute. Except for the fact that you can't get books from the library without DRM and the jetbook supports no DRM.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 AM   #29
galavanter
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Cute. Except for the fact that you can't get books from the library without DRM and the jetbook supports no DRM.

BOb
Ouch! Fast and tough crowd at this hour.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #30
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
How about...

"jetBook, a personal library in your pocket. How you get them there is your problem."
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote