Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Serious questions... Why is the free version a piece of crap? Why isn't it actually formatted so it can be read?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:38 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Sometimes I think it's real and sometimes I think it's not.

It's the author bio that screams at me--so to speak. The bit about advising presidents, and so on. It's GOTTA be a send-up. I mean..how can it NOT be?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #33
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Serious questions... Why is the free version a piece of crap? Why isn't it actually formatted so it can be read?
That's one of the things that personally irritates me. Only this author could come up with a scheme like that.

It's like....one has to PAY for the one that can be read; whereas, the free one (as you state) is a piece of unformatted crap.

The man must be a genius to come up with this marketing scheme!

A genius, I say!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:05 PM   #34
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
It's the author bio that screams at me--so to speak. The bit about advising presidents, and so on. It's GOTTA be a send-up. I mean..how can it NOT be?

Hitch
But what countries are we talking about?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #35
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Quote:
My mistake.

I mean the AZW3 version that you have to pay for does, indeed, have paragraph breaks.

The question is why is he offering two different versions?
He also has 2 Linkedin profiles, perhaps there is a connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why did Picasso portrait people and animals in abstract ways? Why are "Oops! I dropped the lemon tart!" and "librije's deconstructed apple pie" culinary masterpieces?

This is Art with a capital A, my friend.

Dale M. Courtney is just so far ahead of the curve, that we can't see it.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #36
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
I went ahead and checked if I could make "Moon People" an entry for the 2018 Pulitzer Prize.

Sadly, the admissions closed last week...
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
But what countries are we talking about?
I don't care if we're talking about the Back of Beyond. It's just utterly daft. I mean, this quote:

Quote:
also does work for National Security on the part of foreign policies
"National Security?" WTF is he talking about? National security is a concept. It's not a department. Or division, etc. His Klout score boggles me, because he certainly doesn't seem to exist in any REAL way, which is odd if he allegedly advised Obama, amongst others.

It's gotta be a sendup. Even the Huff Post asked if this was the worst book ever written. Who can do that via inadvertence?

Hitch
Old 10-21-2017, 09:28 PM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
I went ahead and checked if I could make "Moon People" an entry for the 2018 Pulitzer Prize.

Sadly, the admissions closed last week...

Try the National Book Award.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #39
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The Dale M. Courtney Writing Appreciation Thread

I can resist this no longer. I just hit the "Buy Now" button at Amazon. You may say I'm crazy to pay $7.99 for a book like this, but look at it this way: the print edition is $15.99; that's eight full dollars more. And when you subtract $7.99 from $8.00, it's like I'm being paid a penny just to download it! You can't beat that!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-13-2017 at 08:03 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #40
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can resist this no longer. I just hit the "Buy Now" button at Amazon. You may say I'm crazy to pay $7.99 for a book like this, but look at it this way: the print edition is $15.99; that's eight full dollars more. And when you subtract $7.99 from $8.00, it's like I'm being paid a penny just to download it! You can beat that!
Dale M. Courtney is probably a worse writer than you are, but I'm getting the impression he might be the savvier businessman.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can resist this no longer. I just hit the "Buy Now" button at Amazon. You may say I'm crazy to pay $7.99 for a book like this, but look at it this way: the print edition is $15.99; that's eight full dollars more. And when you subtract $7.99 from $8.00, it's like I'm being paid a penny just to download it! You can beat that!
"Then there was lift off. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ignition full thrust."

Go for it! -- Such suspenseful writing! The drama! The drama!

You bought the edition with paragraph indents! Lucky you!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #42
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Dale M. Courtney is probably a worse writer than you are, but I'm getting the impression he might be the savvier businessman.

What makes you so certain he's a man?

I have it on good authority that he's an alien working on "Plan 10."

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #43
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
There are 12-step groups for people like you, brother. I'm sure that everyone here would happily try to help you, if you just admitted the problem and asked.

Hitch
Old 11-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #44
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
There are 12-step groups for people like you, brother. I'm sure that everyone here would happily try to help you, if you just admitted the problem and asked.

Hitch

I'm also tempted.....
Old 11-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #45
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
I'm also tempted.....
By which? The book or the 12 step program?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote