Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #226
mightyzazz
Enthusiast
mightyzazz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Hi Hecatae, if you follow the link http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...3&postcount=26

it shows you how to delete apps using Connectbot and Busybox - it worked for me, although I did not delete the google ones as they were useful to me. I was only brave enough to delete apps as I could always reprogram my kobo if I accidentally bricked it by removing an app that was more important to the device than it actually appeared to be. This happened on more than one occasion and is a bit down to trial and error. Of course it needs to be rooted etc.

Hope that helps, but believe me, I am no expert on the matter, as my previous questions demonstrate. Good Luck! Roberto.
mightyzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #227
mightyzazz
Enthusiast
mightyzazz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
kobo vox update

Hi, Again,

can anyone tell me whether this link is something worth looking into, to update the vox. It has a dodgy feel to it, but it says it is a Lollipop upgrade.

http://newlistandrophone.blogspot.co...rade_717.html#

Cheers,

Rob.
mightyzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #228
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyzazz View Post
Hi, Again,

can anyone tell me whether this link is something worth looking into, to update the vox. It has a dodgy feel to it, but it says it is a Lollipop upgrade.

http://newlistandrophone.blogspot.co...rade_717.html#

Cheers,

Rob.
I think your instincts are correct about it being dodgy. It says that it's copied from forums.xda-developers.com (which I'm familiar with), but I didn't find anything when I searched over there.

The "instructions" tell you to install ClockworkMod, but I don't think anyone ever ported ClockworkMod to the Vox. Also, the page says at the top that it's a Lollipop upgrade, but it says KitKat further down. I think it's just recycled spam from somewhere that's probably a link to a virus or something.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #229
alopan
alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.alopan has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Vox
I wrote this post. It's maybe helpful for folks who have trouble with Kobo account registration on Kobo Vox.
alopan is offline   Reply With Quote