Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #25441
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Seven Sons Bing Puerh.

It is going to be one of those days. Baby Boy really does not like staying in his crib. We built the habit over 11 Months so I suppose it is unfair to expect him to break it in 6 nights. That said, I really wish the people who say their kids slept through the night from month 2 on would just stop saying it. I know there are some kids who do that but I am guessing most people are rewriting history and just don't know it.
(don't tell anyone......)
I placed my baby- girl's crib next to my bed when she was 6 months old and held that tiny hand when she cried every night till three o'clock. . This went on till she was 18 months old and finally slept through the night. It was the only way for me to get some sleep.
All I remember now is the feeling of that tiny little hand in my hand.Nice.

In my cup: cold Arabica coffee.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #25442
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Seven Sons Bing Puerh.

It is going to be one of those days. Baby Boy really does not like staying in his crib. We built the habit over 11 Months so I suppose it is unfair to expect him to break it in 6 nights. That said, I really wish the people who say their kids slept through the night from month 2 on would just stop saying it. I know there are some kids who do that but I am guessing most people are rewriting history and just don't know it.
My son is 9 YEARS old, he still gets up during the night. We still fight with him to go to bed. But now at least we do not have to stay up with him.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #25443
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Keemun Xian Zhen. The good stuff!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #25444
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas won. Sitting in the rocking chair. Seven nights with only two with limited crying. Mommy broke.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #25445
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
My son is 9 YEARS old, he still gets up during the night. We still fight with him to go to bed. But now at least we do not have to stay up with him.
It maks me feel young now to know so many kids get up during the night. I get 3-4 times during the night these days myself...

Of course, 3-4 liters of tea per day doesn't help.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #25446
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Peet's Major Dickason's Coffee first, then some fresh squeezed OJ, and now, Lapsang Souchong. And I'm thoroughly ready for the rain to go away, thank you.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #25447
CRussel
(he/him/his)

WOOT!!

Done. Fini. It's a wrap!

Starting the single malts with Talisker 10year. Then moving on to Lagavulin after dinner.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #25448
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sunshine came softly through my a-window today
Could've tripped out easy a-but I've a-changed my ways
It'll take time, I know it but in a while
You're gonna be mine, I know it, we'll do it in style
'Cause I made my mind up you're going to be mine

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1r_gu0H9qw )

Good morning, everyone! It's a pretty sunny morning considering it's the rainy season. Felicity is lying in a puddle of sunlight on the back of the sofa and I'm drinking a big mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea and getting ready to go down and see what the Food Lady is going to offer up this morning. I feel like 'hand foods,' things that I can eat with my hands such as fried chicken and/or hard boiled eggs. But once I get down there and smell the vats of other dishes cooking, I know that I'll have to include one of them too... Thailand is a wonderful place for an 'eater.' Everything is so fresh! I feel sorry for the tourists who come and are afraid to eat vendor foods. I've run into several people like this, who will only eat at chain fast food restaurants like McD's because they are afraid to try 'strange' foods for fear of getting sick, even in restaurants. They miss out on so much of what a culture can offer.
"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home." - James A. Michener

Stitchawl
Old 06-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #25449
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
WOOT!!

Done. Fini. It's a wrap!

Starting the single malts with Talisker 10year. Then moving on to Lagavulin after dinner.
Lagavulin. Aaaaahhhh.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #25450
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Seven Sons Bing Puerh.

Thought you might appreciate this article from the BBC today;

10 types of irritating advice for parents

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #25451
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Late afternoon, the sun stayed out most of the day, with just a few sprinkles of rain to keep us from getting too cocky. So now it's time for a late afternoon ice tea made from genuine Liptons powdered Ice Tea (unsweetened, of course) which is the ONLY Liptons product that I personally endorse. I merely tolerate Liptons 'Yellow Label.) Life is good...

Stitchawl
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 AM   #25452
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Thought you might appreciate this article from the BBC today;

10 types of irritating advice for parents

LOL Thanks!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #25453
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
Getting to hope you like me.

Getting to know you,
Putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say

Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy?
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day by day.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MNANgFCYpk )

What more appropriate than Anna? (Although this version of the movie is banned in Thailand.)

Good morning, everyone! Looks to be another delightful day of learning about my new home and the people that fill it. There will be a building meeting poolside at 10am, so I'll meet some of the others in the condo.

But first, a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast No.1," some green stuff with minced other stuff in it, a one-egg omelet with more green stuff, and a chicken thing. And rice, of course. For a buck. Only problem is I'm eating too much! and look forward to eating more!

Stitchawl
Old 06-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #25454
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Evening here and Mrs cooked up a fine stew of venison and bacon and anchovies and probably a load of other stuff I don't need to know about. Anyway it was delicious and there's none left (a good sign) and we opened an old bottle of Bordeau that's been lying around on the wine rack for about 10 years. So I did the whole decanting thing, including the candle, 'cos there was sediment to avoid. And that was very nice too. There is some left, which for wine is a good sign.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:11 AM   #25455
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
But first, a mug of Ahmad's "English Breakfast No.1," some green stuff with minced other stuff in it, a one-egg omelet with more green stuff, and a chicken thing. And rice, of course. For a buck. Only problem is I'm eating too much! and look forward to eating more!
The food sounds great, but how's that affecting your weight loss programme? I have slipped, and put back on half of what I originally lost. Time to get back to the grindstone (or treadmill).

Rooibos in my first cup of the day.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?