Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
loc_141
Enthusiast
loc_141 began at the beginning.

Device: pBooks
A Jetbook with e-ink?

Anybody here seen this product before? I came across this guy, he looks just like a Jetbook, but the website claims he is equipped with an e-ink screen (to be exact, e-paper LCD technology)

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch...iteria=BA36064
loc_141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
loc_141
Enthusiast
loc_141 began at the beginning.

Device: pBooks
oops, just found out that this is no news, I guess I am kinda outdated on technology
loc_141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Eink is a brand, epaper is all displays in that function in a fashion similar to Eink panels. IN the case you indicate it says "eink LCD" it's not Eink but rather a low power non-backlit panel just like any other Jetbook.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Eink is a brand, epaper is all displays in that function in a fashion similar to Eink panels. IN the case you indicate it says "eink LCD" it's not Eink but rather a low power non-backlit panel just like any other Jetbook.
Interesting. Someone must have growled in their direction, because the text appears to have changed. All I can find are references to their "exclusive e-paper LCD technology".
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by loc_141 View Post
Anybody here seen this product before? I came across this guy, he looks just like a Jetbook, but the website claims he is equipped with an e-ink screen (to be exact, e-paper LCD technology)

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch...iteria=BA36064
I see that mwave.com sell jetBook and jetBook-Lite on their website:
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/deepsearc...iteria=jetbook
They offer $10 off with instant coupon so cost for jetBook-Lite will be
$149.99-$10=$139.99 and free shipping
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
...so cost for jetBook-Lite will be
$149.99-$10=$139.99 and free shipping
$139 and free shipping! How low can we go?????
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
$139 and free shipping! How low can we go?????
I think the target price is $99
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
As I recall, here in the US the peak days for Christmas shopping are Dec. 11-15.

I don't recall ever seeing when the peak days for sales are. Maybe Dec. 21-24.

When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s, nothing was ever on sale before Christmas. The sales occurred the last week of December. Now, nothing is left in the stores to buy on Dec. 26. I'd be curious to read about what sort of inventory online retailers have the day after Christmas.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote