Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Starting the day off right

One of the hardest things to do in the world is love your enemy. I believe, however, the way to handle that is to have no enemies.

Forums are the place of a thousand voices. I do not have to agree with all of them, and in fact, I don’t even have to listen to most of them. I have the ability to pick and choose what comments I will read and what remarks I will simply ignore.

I am doing this right now because in my haste to make a witty one word comment, I added to a thread I now think I should have ignored. I feel rather bad about that. This is simply a reminder for me to be more careful in the future, a penance if you will.

My enemy only became one because I allowed it. Now, he is an enemy no more.

I hope everyone has a very good day.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
And there's me thinking it had something to do with a cup of tea and some form of breakfast choice.

Back on topic....

Unfortunately forums (and other textual communication forms) have a huge disadvantage, the lack of the component of verbal inflection and body language can lead to unintended inferences.

You post reminded me of a poem

I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

- William Blake

Shortened for brevity.

I hope all turns out right in the end.

Last edited by Cabe; 06-07-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I've also made a few post that I've regretted. Some of them I've even deleted. Sometimes my humour could be interpreted the wrong way.

I always try to preview my posts now and think twice, or more, before posting.

I'm glad you got things worked out. There is a very forgiving crowd here.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
We must be ourselves. Anything else is a lie. To temper our beliefs and actions so that they offend no one is to live in fear ourselves.

I am not saying to do things to directly provoke others. Often our very existance gives grief to others. There will always be others that think anything you have worked for or achieved should be their's and that they, not you, should have it. That can be anything from a witty remark posted in a forum like this to your job (how many wanted it and didn't get it) to your wife (or whatever your choice is.)

To go through life without offending other is to exist, not live.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
One of the hardest things to do in the world is love your enemy. I believe, however, the way to handle that is to have no enemies.

Forums are the place of a thousand voices. I do not have to agree with all of them, and in fact, I don’t even have to listen to most of them. I have the ability to pick and choose what comments I will read and what remarks I will simply ignore.

I am doing this right now because in my haste to make a witty one word comment, I added to a thread I now think I should have ignored. I feel rather bad about that. This is simply a reminder for me to be more careful in the future, a penance if you will.

Bravo, I salute you!!!!

A great example of courage.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It is far too easy to misinterpret what someone has written and also easy to miscalculate anothers intent in such a 'sterile' media where only the written word is available for each of us to react to.
Add in those for whom english is not the first language and it gets even harder sometimes, makes me ashamed in some ways that my education did not include a more informed instruction of any other language but E.

Luckily MR is a great place to be, it's not often that misunderstandings occur, and when they do they are often solved very easily and quickly - to the great credit of us all......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

It isn't made clear here, but the witty one word, was it here in MR - or another forum ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It isn't made clear here, but the witty one word, was it here in MR - or another forum ?
It was here in MR. Do not worry. It caused no major conflict. I am not locked in an angry flame war that will end with body parts strewn across the floor or even a string of angry curses.

It was, however, a lapse in judgment on my part and I felt that need to address it in this rather vague manner. My intention was to redirect my energy as opposed to fanning the flames and making things worse. I simply wanted to focus on the positive and avoid the negative. I still hope everyone had a nice day and enjoyed perhaps a doughnut or cupcake for breakfast.

Thank you all for your concern and comments.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Up yours, jerkface!

Cheers,
Marc (C'mon, does that really need an emoticon? Jinlo knows it doesn't. )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
jinlo
aka coco jinlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Up yours, jerkface!

Cheers,
Marc (C'mon, does that really need an emoticon? Jinlo knows it doesn't. )
Of course, it's ok to have montsnmags as an enemy. And you don't even have to love him. It's one of those exceptions to the rules.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Marc belongs to that strange cult, the "Hen Buddhists", wherein you must alway be picking at your friends in order to acheive dharma and a really good gossip.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote