Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
lowie
lowie began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v.2
iLiad is unable to detect my wireless access point

I have a new wireless modem/router at home (Netgear DGN2000), which I have configured to use WPA/WPA2 security (personal-mode). The ssid is broadcasted (i.e. not hidden). However, my iLiad is unable to detect this wireless access point, even not when I'm sitting right beside it. In contrast, weaker access points in the vicinity are detected. I am able to find my access point with other devices, such as my laptop. Any ideas?

I have software access to my iLiad, and when running "wlanscan wlan0" from a shell, the access point is invisible as well. I am able to connect to other access points (at work for instance), so the hardware does not seem broken.

Thanks in advance!
lowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The iLiad has always had trouble talking to "N" wireless routers. If you can put the router into "G" only mode, it should work.

Last I heard, the "N" standard still hasn't been approved. There are lots of products out there with "draft" versions of the N standard, but there are also products that don't work with them. The iLiad falls into the latter category, and doesn't seem to work well with most N devices.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
clarencews
clarencews began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
is there any possibility that i would be able to update my irex through my computer?
I too have a problem connecting to iDS
clarencews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Not that I know of. I believe you need a network connection to iDS in order to download/install the updates. I haven't heard of any procedure to download first to your PC and then install.

If you're having trouble with the wireless part, you can do a wired network connection using the ethernet port on the travel hub. That should be a lot more straight forward to setup.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
lowie
lowie began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The iLiad has always had trouble talking to "N" wireless routers. If you can put the router into "G" only mode, it should work.
Thanks Shaggy! I did as you suggested and I am now able to connect to my router. Problem solved.
lowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert