Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Marvin - Latest in Dropbox

Is there a way to force a refresh of what Marvin sees in Dropbox? When I add new books to Dropbox they don't always show up in Marvin's newest 1000 Dropbox listing. In fact, mine shows the latest is a week ago, despite me adding books almost daily.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Moved to Marvin forum to better reach the experts.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Have you got more than 1,000 books. Some times, the Dropbox API is a bit arbitrary about the "latest" 1,000 books. Marvin forces a full refresh every time you go into the Dropbox screen.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Hello, I also have this issue. It does indeed seem that Dropbox does not always grab the 1000 newest.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
ScottUrman
ScottUrman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
I've never seen the most recent 1000 books, would love to though as it's the easiest way for me to get books into marvin. Any way to force this behavior?
ScottUrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2015, 02:23 AM   #6
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUrman View Post
I've never seen the most recent 1000 books, would love to though as it's the easiest way for me to get books into marvin. Any way to force this behavior?
I don't believe that's how works the API. To force it, file a bug or suggest to Dropbox. Quite needed.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:36 PM   #7
ScottUrman
ScottUrman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
I don't believe that's how works the API. To force it, file a bug or suggest to Dropbox. Quite needed.
File a bug against Marvin? How do I go about doing that? Thanks.
ScottUrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #8
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottUrman View Post
File a bug against Marvin? How do I go about doing that? Thanks.
The GitHub tracker is here: https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues

I wouldn't bother, though - Kris doesn't respond (much) there either - his last acknowledgement of anything in the tracker was in April.

Kris is either having big problems with Marvin (he's been promising releases since February), has other pressing concerns or is just not as involved now. He certainly doesn't really interact with his users anymore other than the occasional Twitter reply. Lately, he's been claiming to be working on Marvin 3.0 (as a "new" app). He is purportedly developing a new layout engine which is taking a lot longer than anticipated (or he has a lot less time to work on it).

I'm just hoping his promised 64-bit release comes out soon - Apple is going to lock out 32-bit apps fairly soon. I really only care about that port, because I don't want to find myself in another Stanza abandonware situation. Marvin 3.0 or other features are nice to haves - having Marvin work with iOS 9.0 is a must.

Trying to stay positive...
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:08 AM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Please stay positive. Marvin is alive and kicking. Kris is still working at it...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:14 AM   #10
democrite
Evangelist

The bug would be need to be filled with Dropbox, to get them to work that way.

But perhaps Marvin 3 will fix lots of things. Hopefully much simpler, more refined, more elegant, unafraid to remove added user suggestions that made the app require too many taps to do something, etc. I'd use Gerty but it doesn't do highlights it seems in traditional ways. And that double height toolbar, oh that looks to me like an abomination.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #11
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Well Gerty got a (minor) update today, so all is not lost...
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote