Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
noisy
noisy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
How looks package with Kindle "This will be a gift"?

Hi!

I read in few places, that if during ordering Kindle option "This will be a gift" will be marked, then Amazon will add extra wrapping. Is "red ribbon" is only a rumor, or is it true?

Who has any pictures of "This will be a gift" package?
noisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
http://www.amazon.com/gp/gift-central/help/gift-wrap
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
If you choose a purchase in which you state it is a gift (This will be a gift order), then you have option to choose gift wrapping or not.

I just bought two Paperwhites as a gift, they still haven't been shipped (neither was my account charged).

I didn't choose the gift wrap (which is charged additionally), so what it stated on Amazon was that kindles will be packed in a box on which there will be no Amazon logo printed (so that it is a surprise) + they allow you to leave a gift note on which you write what you want
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The other difference is that, if it's a gift, the invoice doesn't have the price on it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
I never knew about the invoice thing. It makes sense, though.

What kind of gift wrap does amazon use, or is it dependant on the season?
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
battletux
battletux began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4
Also by ticking the box it means the kindle will not auto register to the buyers amazon account once turned on.
My family got me a paperwhite for Christmas and when I turned it on it auto registered to my sisters amazon (UK) account. I had to de-register it so I could add it to my account.
battletux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
I didn't choose the gift wrap (which is charged additionally), so what it stated on Amazon was that kindles will be packed in a box on which there will be no Amazon logo printed (so that it is a surprise) + they allow you to leave a gift note on which you write what you want
My Paperwhite was also ordered as a Gift without the gift wrapping option. However, when it arrived it was in the usual Amazon labelled cardboard packing, although there was no mention of price on the packing slip. Maybe it is different here in the UK.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My experience in the UK is that gifts arrive in normal Amazon boxes. If you opt for "gift wrapping", the wrapped item is inside the Amazon box.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote