Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #46
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Sounds like you lucked out Wald07. Did it register to your account ok? The final proof is in the bricking or not bricking.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #47
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Congratulations on getting a K3 instead of a K4. Entering text into a K4 gets to be a pain in the rear rather quickly. Is it a K3G? I like how 3G access works well in a moving vehicle. But even wifi gets free access at AT&T hotspots. And my K3s have sharper text and higher contrast than my K4s or my K5 (but that could just be due to firmware or eink waveform differences).

My first two K3s were listed on ebay as DXG with 10.7-inch screens and showed a stock photo of a DXG. I did not actually get a real DXG until my third "DXG" purchase. In the first two cases when I sent a message to the seller that it was "significantly not as described", I was offered a significant discount or a full refund. I took the discount. The K3s each cost me $80USD after the partial refund, and one had a nice M-Edge leather cover with LED booklight. I was told by the vendors that ebay fills in all the details for them. I told that to ebay and they said the template has all possible features, and vendors are SUPPOSED to DELETE any features not offered by their device.

P.S. My DXG is acting very strange even though it was in a protective jacket, and it was in my carry-on luggage and handled very carefully. I wonder if it suffered some kind of VIBRATION problem (even though the padded case should have absorbed some vibration). It was always in my proximity and it was not dropped or banged against anything. The screens draw fine, but quickly fade to all black after each page refresh. Is this a known problem? I think I saw another post here awhile back of somebody describing the same problem. My K3G and my Nook Simple Touch seem to have survived the trip (so far).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 03:10 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 AM   #48
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Sounds like you lucked out Wald07. Did it register to your account ok? The final proof is in the bricking or not bricking.
Registered like a dream. And it let me keep the books already loaded to it! . I DID luck out this time. Unit is quite minty and I am posting off it right now.

GM hope things straigten out with your reader. I need to shut down for the night. been playimg with my toy for too long amd I am all worn out.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #49
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
As long as everyone seems happy with what they've got then fine, not everyone would be though. And I wouldn't ever buy anything from that particular seller again!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Where is my conscience? HarryT? You there? What do I do?!?
The obvious thing to do would be to contact the seller and say that you've received the wrong product. I assume you've done so?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #51
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The obvious thing to do would be to contact the seller and say that you've received the wrong product. I assume you've done so?
Yeah. If you say it is "substantially not as advertised" (or whatever the official wording is), they may offer you a partial refund...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #52
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, your assumption is correct. No response yet.

I think I'd feel badly about asking for a partial refund, seeing as how I think I got the long end of the stick here, with the seller getting the muddy short end.

However, it IS substantially different than described, like twice the memory and features, and $80 MORE retail...

And wise advice from MACD. I concur.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #53
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Yes, your assumption is correct. No response yet.

I think I'd feel badly about asking for a partial refund, seeing as how I think I got the long end of the stick here, with the seller getting the muddy short end.

However, it IS substantially different than described, like twice the memory and features, and $80 MORE retail...

And wise advice from MACD. I concur.
Actually, the memory is more than doubled, 1.25 GB usable vs. ≈3.00 GB usable.

The K3/KK will also play MP3 or Audible files. The reader has speakers but I prefer using the headphone jack. It's a very good device...the only real problem I had with my first one was a FUBARed screen.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #54
Wald07
Audiophile

YESSSS! Just discovered Audible! Listening to "Tick Tock" by Dean Koontz right now!

WINNING!!

Last edited by Wald07; 07-01-2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Add a Charlie Sheen-ism