Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 01:36 PM   #31
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is definitely something a guy would not do. We just prefer to get in the shower, do what we need to do and get out so we can go back to reading.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know a lady whose husband sets up his laptop on a stool next to the bathtub so he can surf while soaking. She's worried about him accidentally getting the computer wet or electrocuting himself. Maybe I should send her the pictures of Mindy's setup.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #32
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Just got back from a week down the shore. I brought the Aquapac large PDA case and it worked beautifully. After hours on the beach it was covered in sunscreen and sand. I had to take the Gen3 out and scrub the case clean quite a few times during my stay. If I just had my Cybook in its case it would have been ruined.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #33
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Nice thread, thank you! Since I'm someone who reads everywhere, I really should get one of the aquapack-things. probably the large PDA case (too bat the cover won't fit And the next up that I found on the site seems to be awfully large - not fun to lug around.

I was wondering, does anybody know how the PRS-505 reacts to very warm conditions? I'd love to be able to read in the sauna... the aquapac takes care of the dampness, but will the bag & reader stand up to humid heat at +60-100 C (140-210 F) so I can still read a book on it, or will it be slow/unresponsive and the bag melt...
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #34
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I'm afraid I can't remember where I read it - either their website or the documents that came with the product, but it's fine even in a very hot bath. The only problem would be if it was held submerged for a long time. Even in a very hot bath since it floats on the surface it'll be fine.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #35
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I just came back from two weeks of sun, sand and sea with my Cybook in a Aquapac PDA Classic Plus+ (Code 360).
Without that bag I doubt I would have even taken it to the beach being too worried about sand and sun-lotion.
I read 11 books and my cybook was totaly safe - the bag is a perfect fit and makes sure you can read and realy relax in "dangerous" environments.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #36
liss
liss doesn't litterliss doesn't litter

Device: cybook
Just ordered a PDA classic plus+. I love this website there are so many great ideas for ebooks.
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #37
andavane
Zealot
andavane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, + Wifi, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pemilahu View Post
Hi,

Just bought the PDA Classic Plus+ (Code 360) for my CyBook today.
Perfectly fits!

Much-much better than the Small Whanganui (Code 650).

Cheers
It seems this one is no longer available,
regards
John
andavane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #38
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think they simply changed the name to LargePDA
Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #39
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just an update on this. I'm still using the case I bought from them - reading a book in the bath is one of my little luxuries.

I did notice that they now have a Kindle case coming soon, and they do a Sony case.

http://www.aquapac.net/ukstore/sony-...64-2316-0.html

The pictures for the Sony case are clearly wrong.... but since the Sony is pretty close to the Cybook in size it may be a better fit.

The only gripes I have about the Cybook case I bought are it's too long, and it has an annoying divider in the middle. If the book goes on the wrong side of the divider you can't read. Having said that though both are very minor.

I'd certainly buy a new case if it didn't have the divider and was a more snug fit.... or even better if I could get the Cybook inside the leather case inside the Aquapac case.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #40
Halk
Fanatic

An update. I'm still using my AquaPac, and I have a bath most nights when I have time. I did notice a tiny amount of water inside it. I can't tell if it's started leaking - although it's the same tiny amount every time, no more no less, or if it's just condensation and I had not noticed it before.

After going around AquaPacs site I noticed they recommend using silica gel. So for 2 quid off eBay I got myself a few packets, and now there's no condensation in the bag.

I wonder if silica gel dries out and returns to normal, or if it will eventually get used up?

In any case, I don't think the water in the case would actually do any harm. It was probably less than a pinhead, the only reason it was noticable is because I've started submerging the case almost completely in water before I close it, meaning there's very little air inside apart from what's inside the actual Cybook.

Has anyone yet bought a case from them which had no divider, and was a more snug fit?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #41
Pulp
Palm Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I wonder if silica gel dries out and returns to normal, or if it will eventually get used up?
As far as I know it does quite the opposite - it absorbs water from the air and thus reduces humidity. It will get "used up", but you will easily know it when humidity "comes back".
Old 08-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #42
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
According to Wikipedia: Once saturated with water, the gel can be regenerated by heating it to 120 °C (250 °F) for two hours.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #43
Halk
Fanatic

Great. It does return to normal

If I start to see condensation again I'll report here. I taped a single packet of silica gel inside the Aquapac, and it now holds the internal flap shut, so the Cybook always goes into the correct place.

I'd still buy another Aquapac if it was a better fit - did anyone ever try the Sony eReader one with a Cybook?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #44
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Or you can use rice. Works fine in a lot of cases and it's not as dangerous as silica.

I just received the 654 (small Whanganui) and wow. Very nice job indeed. Plus if I want to read in the shower I can simply use the cord that comes with the bag and hang... if needs come thanks for the thread!
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #45
Halk
Fanatic

I've been using the silica gel stuff. Generally I have a bath at least every second day. The bath is very hot, and I put bleach in it - so if it works for me it should work for everyone :P

I didn't know silica gel was dangerous, I thought it was essentially inert, but it just had an enormous surface area - or something to the same effect.

I know it says you can't eat it, but you can safely eat it.