Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
only4luca
only4luca began at the beginning.

Device: Xoom
Motorola Xoom

Hi All,

Recently got a Moto Xoom, and would love to have it supported in Calibre. Using Nook for Android and can copy files to Computer\Xoom\Device Storage\Nook\MyDocuments (Windows).

Here's the debug info:

Version: 0.7.49
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4399&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4397&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid1002&pid4396&rev0000',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a8&rev_9999']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
only4luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
A good workaround is to use a service such as Dropbox. I keep my Calibre library in my Dropbox folder on my PC and I can access it from any device.

Calibre also contains a web sever that I can also use to access my Calibre library from any of my web enabled devices including my Kindles, and my Android devices.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I recommend Dropbox to. Use it at work i can say is the best program so far to this type on needs. Just try it.
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Please post this over in the Calibre forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only4luca View Post
Hi All,

Recently got a Moto Xoom, and would love to have it supported in Calibre. Using Nook for Android and can copy files to Computer\Xoom\Device Storage\Nook\MyDocuments (Windows).

Here's the debug info:

Version: 0.7.49
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4399&rev0000',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid1002&pid4398&rev0000',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c517&rev_3810&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_22b8&pid_70a8&rev_9999']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 84, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK BLACKBERRY
BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE
EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3
HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY
ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO
LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK N516 N770 N810 NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR
NUUT2 ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL PDNOVEL_KOBO PICO POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK
SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK
TREKSTOR VELOCITYMICRO WEXLER

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSno View Post
I recommend Dropbox to. Use it at work i can say is the best program so far to this type on needs. Just try it.
I tried this out a bit because of all the recommendations. Not sold on it yet. I'd like to be able to store my "sensitive" info but I'm not sure I trust it for encryption and security...
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
kennyc -

Have you read this? As long as you don't use the public folder it appears to be fairly secure. Of course a strong password is required, too.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
kennyc -

Have you read this? As long as you don't use the public folder it appears to be fairly secure. Of course a strong password is required, too.
Yes thank you I have. Still skeptical I guess. Skeptical by nature.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yes thank you I have. Still skeptical I guess. Skeptical by nature.

Thanks!
As you should, remember they keep backups of your data. I'm not so paranoid of who could hack my account but who holds the keys to my account.

That said for non sensitive information Dropbox, sugarsync is awesome. I find it very convenient and easy to use. Esp when transferring files between different devices like my phone, nook, PC.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #9
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Iomega anounced a NAS "Personal Cloud Edition" at CES. They said it would be released "later this month". That was in January! I signed up for an email when it's released, but no joy yet.

Should this thing ever hit the market, it could very well replace DropBox; only with me holding the keys.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
kennyc

Xoom vs iPad2 video

Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks Kenny.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
AlexSno
Connoisseur
AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AlexSno has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Love that greenish Android on zoom
AlexSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
As you should, remember they keep backups of your data. I'm not so paranoid of who could hack my account but who holds the keys to my account.

That said for non sensitive information Dropbox, sugarsync is awesome. I find it very convenient and easy to use. Esp when transferring files between different devices like my phone, nook, PC.

=X=
Whilst searching for "personal cloud" I ran across this.

I downloaded the free version and installed it on my home PC and SGT this morning. Wow! My whole library is available, and nothing is on someone else’s server (except my DynamicDNS addy). They don’t even have my password, talk about holding my own keys.

I’m so impressed that I ordered the $99 hardware version which, with the addition a USB hard drive becomes a NAS with however much storage you want to plug into it.

Bye bye DropBox!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Whilst searching for "personal cloud" I ran across this.

I downloaded the free version and installed it on my home PC and SGT this morning. Wow! My whole library is available, and nothing is on someone else’s server (except my DynamicDNS addy). They don’t even have my password, talk about holding my own keys.

I’m so impressed that I ordered the $99 hardware version which, with the addition a USB hard drive becomes a NAS with however much storage you want to plug into it.

Bye bye DropBox!
Let me know what you think after you've used it a bit...

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
kennyc

Web browsing/page loading tests:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20043455-1.html