Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #16
Red Falcon
Addict
Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Falcon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
But some of the previous game bundles were available through Steam, weren't they?
Until the big publishers got into Humble Bundle most if not all of Humble Bundle games where also offered DRM free. Steam may be a walled garden but at the time I was getting back into PC gaming in late 2009 they where pretty much the only game in town. As I have said in my previous post I have no problem with Steam as the benefits of there platform far out weigh the DRM issue for me.

I have a major issue with Humble Bundle teaming up with a provider like Magzter who's website is pretty bad to navigate and the less I say about the Web Viewer the better. It is as bad as Comixology's web viewer. I want to view these on my Windows 10 tablet but because there is no Windows 10 app I am forced to use the Web Viewer. I would rather be waterboarded then do that.

Red Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:09 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd always assumed (wrongly?) that Humble were simply a marketing company who promoted whatever deal someone paid them to. Is this not the case?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:04 PM   #18
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Humble started out as bundling "Indie Games" usually some relatively well known and well regarded ones together with some lesser known titles. I believe they where the first to do so. They still do those "Humble Indie Bundles" (maybe 3 times a year?) and as far as I know all games in those Humble Indie Bundles are still provided DRM free, in quite a few cases even for the first time.
In recent years they branched out, there's a regular store selling both DRM free titles and Steam codes, they provide a website widget for devs to sell games on their own sites, and they do several bundles, including two console only bundles to date.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote