Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 11-25-2002, 10:44 PM   #1
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I would like to see the ability to exclude certain items from something like a main page.  For example, if I work with Yahoo's channel, I see something like this, with each term being a link:  

Mail
Finance
News
Sports

Now, if I can tell iSilox to follow the Finance and News links, but not the Mail and Sports links, it might take less than 30 minutes to clip all my Yahoo content.  It would be nice to be able to follow this idea all the way down through the link depth, because there are some things in News that I would also like to exclude.  
Am I making sense here?  If not, I would be happy to try again to explain it.  
Scott
Old 11-26-2002, 05:34 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I've been told by Darren a couple of days ago that he is working on a refined inclusion/exclusion option for iSiloX similar to Plucker
Old 11-26-2002, 01:25 PM   #3
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Great to hear.  I look forward to beta testing it.  
Thanks for the information.  
Scott
Old 01-08-2003, 10:51 AM   #4
kennyd
kennyd began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally posted by saw9000@Nov 25 2002, 08:44 PM
I would like to see the ability to exclude certain items from something like a main page. *For example, if I work with Yahoo's channel, I see something like this, with each term being a link: *

Mail
Finance
News
Sports

Now, if I can tell iSilox to follow the Finance and News links, but not the Mail and Sports links, it might take less than 30 minutes to clip all my Yahoo content. *It would be nice to be able to follow this idea all the way down through the link depth, because there are some things in News that I would also like to exclude. *
Am I making sense here? *If not, I would be happy to try again to explain it. *
Scott
I was looking through this thread to see if anyone had already posted this issue. I often find pages that I would like to convert but they contain so many links that are on the root page irrevlevant to the content that I am looking for that I either choose not to convert or I choose to edit the root.

By editing the root I mean...editing it MSWord and manually removing the unwanted links on the root. But even this alternative has its limitations. For example, if the site is set up with static links on each page then this does not work.

Also, the last thread was posted on Nov 26th. Is there a beta vesion of iSiloX already available with this feature. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:45 AM   #5
saw9000
Zealot

Any new iSilo beta would be available at their Web site. For what it's worth, I checked as recently as yesterday and there were no new updates available.
Scott